- American Psychological Association (Div. 12: Clinical Psychology; Div. 12 Section IX: Assessment)
- Society for Personality Assessment
- International Society of the Rorschach and Projective Methods
- Presidential Recognition award for Outstanding Scholarship, granted by the National Council of Schools and Programs of Professional Psychology, January, 2020.
- Distinguished Contribution to Assessment Psychology award, granted by the American Psychological Association's Division 12 (Clinical Psychology) Section IX (Assessment), August, 2019.
- Distinguished Service and Contribution to Personality Assessment award, granted by the Society for Personality Assessment, March, 2019.
- Faculty Excellence award in Service, 2018, Florida Institute of Technology.
- Outstanding Clinical Psychology Professor of the Year (granted by clinical psychology students) (2012-2013 academic year).
- Fellow, American Psychological Association (APA) and APA's Division 12, Clinical Psychology (2010).
- Diplomate, American Board of Assessment Psychology and Fellow, American Academy of Assessment Psychology (2009).
- 10th Annual Child Abuse Prevention Educator Award (granted by Community Based Care of Brevard with Child Abuse Prevention Task Force of Brevard, FL. (2006).
- Outstanding Clinical Psychology Professor of the Year (granted by clinical psychology students) (2005-2006 academic year).
- Outstanding Clinical Psychology Professor of the Year (granted by clinical psychology students) (2001-2002 academic year).
- Samuel J. and Anne G. Beck Award (for research in personality assessment) (2000).
- Fellow, Society for Personality Assessment (1999).
B.A. Bombay University
M.A. Appalachian State University
Psy.D. Virginia Consortium for Professional Psychology
- Clinical Psychology faculty, Florida Institute of Technology, 1994-present
- Clinical Psychology Program Chair and Director of Clinical Training, Florida Institute of Technology, 2003-2006.
- Chair, Women's Issues Committee and Executive Committee member, National Council of Schools and Programs of Professional Psychology (2018-2020)
- Advisory Board member, University of Minnesota Press, Test Division (2015-2018).
- President, Society for Personality Assessment, 2011-2013.
- President, Section IX (Assessment) of the American Psychological Association's Division 12 (Clinical Psychology), 2008.
- Member, Board of Trustees, Society for Personality Assessment, 2001-2007; 2009-2015.
- Associate Editor, Journal of Personality Assessment, 2005-2013 (Consulting Editor, 2000-2004; 2014-present).
- Consulting Editor, Assessment, 1996-1999; 2004-present (Associate Editor, 2000-2003).
- Consulting Editor, Psychological Assessment, 2002-2003; 2009-2018.
- Consulting Editor, European Journal of Psychological Assessment, 2017-present
- Associate Editor, SPA Exchange, 1997-2003.
- Member, Conference Committee (2007 conference on Clinical Training and 2005 conference on Pedagogy), National Council of Schools and Programs of Professional Psychology (NCSPP).
- Interim Chair, NCSPP Women's Issues Committee 2017-2018; Vice-Chair 2009-2010, 2016-2017.
- Lead delegate from Florida Tech's Clinical Psychology program to NCSPP, 2003-2012; Second Delegate (2013-present).
- Site visitor, APA Commission on Accreditation, 2007-present.
- Licensed Psychologist, Florida.
Dr. Krishnamurthy teaches the Psychological Assessment sequence (Intellectual and Personality Assessment) in the Psy.D. program. Her teaching experience also includes courses in clinical and community psychology, child psychology, child and adolescent development, child and adolescent personality assessment, research methods, abnormal psychology and introductory psychology. She has been a member of the School of Psychology's Diversity Committee for 20+ years.
Dr. Krishnamurthy is currently directing clinical and forensic assessment research on topics including MCMI-IV profiles of jail inmates referred for mental health services, MMPI-2-RF profiles of outpatients with chronic medical conditions, multimethod assessment of interpersonal dysfunction using the Rorschach and MMPI-2-RF, and MMPI-2-RF profile patterns of sex offenders.
Smith, S. R., & Krishnamurthy, R. (Eds.) (2018). Diversity-sensitive personality assessment. New York: Routledge.
Krishnamurthy, R., & Meyer, G. J. (2016). Psychopathology assessment. In J. C. Norcross, G. R. VandenBos, and D. K. Freedheim (Editors-in-Chief), R. Krishnamurthy (Associate Editor), APA Handbook of Clinical Psychology. Vol. 3, Applications and Methods (pp. 103-137). Washington, DC: American Psychological Association.
Krishnamurthy, R. (2016). Gender considerations in self-report personality interpretation. In V. M. Brabender and J. Mihura (Eds.), Handbook of Gender and Sexuality in Psychological Assessment (pp. 128-148) New York: Routledge.
Krishnamurthy, R., Finn, S. E., & Aschieri, F. (2016). Therapeutic assessment in clinical and counseling psychology practice. In U. Kumar (Ed.), The Wiley Handbook of Personality Assessment (pp. 228-239). UK: Wiley.
Krishnamurthy, R., Archer, R. P., & Groth-Marnat, G. (2011). The Rorschach and performance-based assessment. In L. E. Beutler, G. Groth-Marnat, and T. M. Harwood (Eds.), Integrative Assessment of Adult Personality (3rd ed., pp. 276-328). New York: Guilford Publications, Inc.
Krishnamurthy, R. (2010). Assessment of adolescents using the PAI-A. In M. A. Blais, M. R. Baity, and C. J. Hopwood (Eds.), Clinical Applications of the Personality Assessment Inventory (pp. 55-76). New York: Routledge.
Krishnamurthy, R., & Yalof, J. A. (2009). The assessment competency. In M. B. Kenkel and R. L. Peterson (Eds.), Competency-based Education for Professional Psychology (pp. 87-104). Washington, D.C.: American Psychological Association.
Krishnamurthy, R. (2008). Clinical psychology practice. In D. C. S. Richard and S. K. Huprich (Eds.), Clinical Psychology: Assessment, Treatment, and Research (pp. 477-493). San Diego: Academic Press.
Archer, R. P., Krishnamurthy, R., & Stredny, R. V. (2006). The Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory-Adolescent (MMPI-A). In S. R. Smith and L. Handler (Eds.), The Clinical Assessment of Children and Adolescents: A Practitioner's Handbook (pp. 237-266). Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum.
Krishnamurthy, R., VandeCreek, L., Kaslow, N. J., Tazeau, Y.N., Miville, M. L., Kerns, R., Stegman, R., Suzuki, L., & Benton, S. A. (2004). Achieving competency in psychological assessment: directions for education and training. Journal of Clinical Psychology, 60, 725-739.
Wood, J. M., Krishnamurthy, R., & Archer, R. P. (2003). Three Factors of the Comprehensive System for the Rorschach and their relationship to Wechsler IQ scores in an adolescent sample. Assessment, 10, 259-265.
Archer, R.P. and Krishnamurthy, R. (2002). Essentials of MMPI-A Assessment. New York: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Krishnamurthy, R. & Archer, R.P. (2001). An evaluation of the effects of Rorschach EB style on the diagnostic utility of the Depression Index. Assessment, 8, 105-109.
Krishnamurthy, R. & Archer, R.P. (1999). A comparison of two interpretive approaches for the MMPIA Structural Summary. Journal of Personality Assessment, 73, 245-259.
Archer, R.P. & Krishnamurthy, R. (1997). MMPI-A and Rorschach indices related to depression and conduct disorder: An evaluation of the incremental validity hypothesis. Journal of Personality Assessment, 69, 517-533.
Archer, R.P. & Krishnamurthy, R. (1997). MMPI-A scale-level factor structure: Replication in a clinical sample. Assessment, 4, 337-349.
Archer, R.P. & Krishnamurthy, R. (1996). The Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory-Adolescent (MMPI-A). In C. S. Newmark (Ed.), Major psychological assessment instruments (2nd ed., pp. 59-107). Boston: Allyn & Bacon.
Krishnamurthy, R., Archer, R.P., & House, J.J. (1996). The MMPI-A and Rorschach: A failure to establish convergent validity. Assessment, 3, 179-191.