- Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, New York University, 2017
- M.S., Control Theory and Control Engineering, Northeastern University CN, 2013
- B.S., Automation, Northeastern University CN, 2011
- Aug. 2020-Now: Assistant Professor, Florida Institute of Technology, Melbourne FL
- Aug. 2017- Jul. 2020: Assistant Professor, Georgia Southern University, Statesboro GA
- May. 2018-Jul. 2018: Visiting Professor, Mitsubishi Electric Research Laboratory, Cambridge MA
- Associate Editor, IEEE/CAA Journal of Automatica Sinica, 2020-Now (Impact Factor: 5.73)
- Associate Editor, Neurocomputing, Elsevier, 2018-Now (Impact Factor 4.438)
- Guest Editor, Complex & Intelligent Systems, Springer, 2020 (Impact Factor: 3.791)
- Editorial Board Member, Neural Computing and Applications, Springer, 2018-Now (Impact Factor: 4.664)
- Technical Committee Member, IEEE Control Systems Society on Nonlinear Systems and Control, since 2018
- Yi Jiang, Jialu Fan, Weinan Gao, Tianyou Chai, Frank L. Lewis. Cooperative Adaptive Optimal Output Regulation of Discrete-Time Nonlinear Multi-Agent Systems, Automatica, in acceptance, 2020.
- Adedapo Odekunle, Weinan Gao, Masoud Davari, and Zhong-Ping Jiang. Reinforcement learning and non-zero-sum game output regulation for multi-player linear uncertain systems, Automatica, vol. 112, 2020.
- Weinan Gao, Zhong-Ping Jiang, Frank L. Lewis, and Yebin Wang. Leader-to-formation stability of multi-agent systems: An adaptive optimal control approach, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 63, no. 10, pp. 3581-3587, 2018.
- Weinan Gao and Zhong-Ping Jiang. Learning-based adaptive optimal tracking control of strict-feedback nonlinear systems, IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems, vol. 29, no. 6, pp. 2614-2624, 2018.
- Weinan Gao, Yu Jiang, Zhong-Ping Jiang, and Tianyou Chai. Output-feedback adaptive optimal control of interconnected systems based on robust adaptive dynamic programming. Automatica, vol. 72, pp. 37-45, 2016.
- Weinan Gao, and Zhong-Ping Jiang. Adaptive dynamic programming and adaptive optimal output regulation of linear systems. IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 61, no. 12, pp. 4164-4169, 2016.
I am looking for Ph.D. candidates in Spring 2021. Students who have strong background in control systems, mathematics, and robotics are encouraged to apply for the Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering at Florida Institute of Technology. Please send me your resume and transcripts if you are interested in joining my research group. Please visit this link for more detail.