- Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, New York University, 2017
- M.S., Control Theory and Control Engineering, Northeastern University CN, 2013
- B.S., Automation, Northeastern University CN, 2011
- Aug. 2020-Now: Assistant Professor, Florida Institute of Technology, Melbourne FL
- Aug. 2017- Jul. 2020: Assistant Professor, Georgia Southern University, Statesboro GA
- May. 2018-Jul. 2018: Visiting Professor, Mitsubishi Electric Research Laboratory, Cambridge MA
- Associate Editor, IEEE/CAA Journal of Automatica Sinica, 2020-Now (Impact Factor: 5.73)
- Associate Editor, Neurocomputing, Elsevier, 2018-Now (Impact Factor 4.438)
- Guest Editor, IEEE Transactions on Neural Network and Learning Systems, 2021-2022 (Impact Factor: 10.451)
- Early Career Advisory Board Member, Control Engineering Practice, 2021-2023(Impact Factor: 3.475)
- Guest Editor, Complex & Intelligent Systems, Springer, 2020 (Impact Factor: 3.791)
- Editorial Board Member, Neural Computing and Applications, Springer, 2018-Now (Impact Factor: 4.664)
- Program Committee Member, American Control Conference, 2022
- Associate Editor, IFAC International Workshop on Adaptation and Learning in Control and Signal (ALCOS), 2022
- Technical Committee Member, IFAC TC 1.2 Adaptive and Learning Systems, 2020-Now
- Technical Committee Member, IEEE CSS Nonlinear Systems and Control, since 2018
MEE 3091 Theory of Machines, Fall 2020, Fall 2021
MEE 5693 Intelligent Optimal Control, Fall 2021
MEE 4014 Control Systems, Spring 2021, Summer 2021, Spring 2022
MEE 4630/5630 Modeling of Dynamic Systems, Spring 2022
- Weinan Gao, Chao Deng, Yi Jiang, and Zhong-Ping Jiang. Resilient Reinforcement Learning and Robust Output Regulation Under Denial-of-Service Attacks, Automatica, 2022, in acceptance.
- Fuyu Zhao, Weinan Gao, Tengfei Liu, and Zhong-Ping Jiang. Adaptive optimal output regulation of linear discrete-time systems based on event-triggered output-feedback, Automatica, vol. 137, article 110103, 2022.
- Yi Jiang, Jialu Fan, Weinan Gao, Tianyou Chai, Frank L. Lewis. Cooperative Adaptive Optimal Output Regulation of Discrete-Time Nonlinear Multi-Agent Systems, Automatica, vol. 121, article 109149, 2020.
- Adedapo Odekunle, Weinan Gao, Masoud Davari, and Zhong-Ping Jiang. Reinforcement learning and non-zero-sum game output regulation for multi-player linear uncertain systems, Automatica, vol. 112, 2020.
- Weinan Gao, Zhong-Ping Jiang, Frank L. Lewis, and Yebin Wang. Leader-to-formation stability of multi-agent systems: An adaptive optimal control approach, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 63, no. 10, pp. 3581-3587, 2018.
- Weinan Gao, Yu Jiang, Zhong-Ping Jiang, and Tianyou Chai. Output-feedback adaptive optimal control of interconnected systems based on robust adaptive dynamic programming. Automatica, vol. 72, pp. 37-45, 2016.
- Weinan Gao, and Zhong-Ping Jiang. Adaptive dynamic programming and adaptive optimal output regulation of linear systems. IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 61, no. 12, pp. 4164-4169, 2016.
Recognition & Awards
- Engineering Research Initiation Award, NSF, 2022
Outstanding Reviewer Award, IET Control Theory and Applications, 2019
David Goodman Research Award, Dept. ECE, New York University, 2019
Best Paper Award, IEEE RCAR, 2018
ERI: Improving the Learning Efficiency of Adaptive Optimal Control Systems in Information-Limited Environments, NSF, Jan. 2022-Dec. 2023, PI.