Tiauw Hiong "Yongki" Go obtained his Master’s and Doctoral degrees from Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), both in Aeronautics and Astronautics in 1994 and 1999, respectively. After finishing his doctoral program, he worked at MIT’s Man-Vehicle Laboratory and Center for Transportation and Logistics as a Postdoctoral Associate and later on as a Research Engineer. His work at MIT includes dynamics and control of aircraft wing rock, spacecraft attitude control using geomagnetic field, simulator motion effects on airline pilot training, and environmental impact of aviation. In December 2005, he joined the School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore as an Assistant Professor. During his tenure there until 2012, he has successfully guided students in various projects involving unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV), which led to excellence in various international UAV competitions, and secured significant research fund in the area of UAV dynamics and control. Dr. Go joined FIT in January 2013 and he is currently an Associate Professor of Aerospace Engineering with the Department of Aerospace, Physics and Space Sciences. His research interest includes unconventional flight dynamics and control, UAV systems, space dynamics and control, and multiple flight coordination.
B.Eng in Mechanical Engineering, Institut Teknologi Bandung (ITB), Bandung, Indonesia, 1990
S.M. in Aeronautics & Astronautics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Cambridge, MA, 1994
Sc.D. in Aeronautics & Astronautics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Cambridge, MA, 1999
Postdoctoral Associate, Man-Vehicle Lab/Volpe Tranportation Research Center, MIT, Cambridge, MA, 1999-2002
Research Engineer, Center for Transportation and Logistics, MIT, Cambridge, MA, 2002-2005
Assistant Professor, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, 2005-2012
AEE 3241 Aerodynamics and Flight Mechanics
AEE 4014 Control Systems
AEE 4242 Aircraft Stability and Control
AEE 4263 Space Flight Mechanics
AEE 5590 Selected Topics in Controls and Guidance
AEE 5801 Advanced Flight Dynamics and Control
AEE 5802 Multivariable Feedback Control Systems
AEE 5803 Nonlinear Control Systems
- Feroskhan, M. and Go, T. H., Control Strategy of Sideslip Perching Maneuver Under Dynamic Stall Influence, Aerospace Science and Technology, Vol. 72, doi: 10.1016/j.ast.2017.11.002, 2018.
- Feroskhan, M. and Go, T. H., Dynamics of Sideslip Perching Maneuver Under Dynamic Stall Influence, Aerospace Science and Technology, Vol. 50, doi: 10.1016/j.ast.2016.01.005, 2016.
- Ruscoe, J. T., Aircraft Swarm Intelligence: An Approach to Coordinated Swarming with Artificial Potential Functions & Gradient Descent, The Journal of Instrumentation, Automation and Systems, Vol. 2, No. 2, 2015.
- Rao, D. M. K. K. V., Tang, H., and Go, T. H., A Parametric Study of Fixed-Wing Aircraft Perching Maneuvers, Aerospace Science and Technology, Vol. 42, doi: 10.1016/j.ast.2015.02.006, 2015.
- Go, T. H. and Maqsood, A., Effect of Aspect Ratio on Wing Rock at Low Reynolds Number, Aerospace Science and Technology, Vol. 42, doi: 10.1016/j.ast.2015.01.009, 2015.
- Chiew, S. H., Zhao, W., and Go, T. H., Swarming Coordination with Robust Control Lyapunov Function Approach, Journal of Intelligent and Robotic Systems, Vol. 78, Issue 3-4, doi: 10.1007/s10846-013-9998-0, 2015.014.
- Rao, D. M. K. K. V. and Go, T. H., Optimization, Stability Analysis, and Trajectory Tracking of Perching Maneuvers, Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, Vol. 37, No. 3, doi: 10.2514/1.60787, 2
- Zhao, W. and Go, T. H., Quadcopter Formation Flight Control Combining MPC and Robust Feedback Linearization, Journal of the Franklin Institute, Vol. 351, Issue 3, doi: 10.1016/j.jfranklin.2013.10.021, 2014.
- Rao, D. M. K. K. V. and Go, T. H., Automatic Landing System Using Sliding Mode Control, Aerospace Science and Technology (accepted Oct. 2013), doi: 10.1016/j.ast.2013.10.001.
- Rao, D. M. K. K. V. and Go, T. H., Perching Trajectory Optimization Using Aerodynamic and Thrust Vectoring, Aerospace Science and Technology (accepted Sep. 2013), doi: 10.1016/j.ast.2013.08.020.
- Alikhan, M., Peyada, N. K. and Go, T. H., Flight Dynamics and Optimization of Three-Dimensional Perching Maneuver, Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, doi: 10.2514/1.58894, 2013.
- Lie, F. A. P. and Go. T. H., Reconfiguration Control with Collision Avoidance Framework for Unmanned Aerial Vehicles in 3-D, Journal of Aerospace Engineering, Vol. 26, Issue 3, 2013.
- Maqsood, A. and Go, T. H., Aerodynamic Estimation of Annular Wings Based on Leading-Edge Suction Analogy, AIAA Journal, Vol. 51, No. 2, 2013.
- Maqsood, A. and Go, T. H., Multiple Time Scales Analysis of Aircraft Longitudinal Dynamics with Aerodynamic Vectoring, Nonlinear Dynamics, Vol. 69, No. 3, doi: 10.1007/s11071-011-0300-3, 2012.
- Maqsood, A. and Go, T. H., Optimization of Transition Maneuvers through Aerodynamic Vectoring, Aerospace Science & Technology, doi: 10.1016/j.ast.2011.09.004, 2011.
- Ariff, O. and Go, T. H., Waypoint Navigation of Small Scale UAV Incorporating Dynamic Soaring, The Journal of Navigation, Vol. 64, No. 1, 2011.
- Go, T. H., Lateral-Directional Aircraft Dynamics under Static Moment Nonlinearity, Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, Vol. 32, No. 1, 2009.
- Go, T. H. and Lie, F. A. P., Analysis of Wing Rock due to Rolling Moment Hysteresis, Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, Vol. 31, No. 4, 2008.
Recognition & Awards
August-Wilhelm Scheer Visiting Professor @ TU Munich, Germany, July-August 2015
Research & Project Interests
Perch maneuver dynamics and control
Flight coordination of multiple UAVs or spacecraft.
Nonlinear flight dynamics and control.
Hybrid automation on aerospace systems.