Assistant Professor, Mechanical and Civil Engineering
- Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, New York University, 2017
- M.S., Control Theory and Control Engineering, Northeastern University CN, 2013
- B.S., Automation, Northeastern University CN, 2011
- Aug. 2020-Now: Assistant Professor, Florida Institute of Technology, Melbourne FL
- Aug. 2017- Jul. 2020: Assistant Professor, Georgia Southern University, Statesboro GA
- May. 2018-Jul. 2018: Visiting Professor, Mitsubishi Electric Research Laboratory, Cambridge MA
- Associate Editor, IEEE/CAA Journal of Automatica Sinica, 2020-Now (Impact Factor: 5.73)
- Associate Editor, Neurocomputing, Elsevier, 2018-Now (Impact Factor 4.438)
- Guest Editor, Complex & Intelligent Systems, Springer, 2020 (Impact Factor: 3.791)
- Editorial Board Member, Neural Computing and Applications, Springer, 2018-Now (Impact Factor: 4.664)
- Technical Committee Member, IEEE Control Systems Society on Nonlinear Systems and Control, since 2018
- Yi Jiang, Jialu Fan, Weinan Gao, Tianyou Chai, Frank L. Lewis. Cooperative Adaptive Optimal Output Regulation of Discrete-Time Nonlinear Multi-Agent Systems, Automatica, in acceptance, 2020.
- Adedapo Odekunle, Weinan Gao, Masoud Davari, and Zhong-Ping Jiang. Reinforcement learning and non-zero-sum game output regulation for multi-player linear uncertain systems, Automatica, vol. 112, 2020.
- Weinan Gao, Zhong-Ping Jiang, Frank L. Lewis, and Yebin Wang. Leader-to-formation stability of multi-agent systems: An adaptive optimal control approach, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 63, no. 10, pp. 3581-3587, 2018.
- Weinan Gao and Zhong-Ping Jiang. Learning-based adaptive optimal tracking control of strict-feedback nonlinear systems, IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems, vol. 29, no. 6, pp. 2614-2624, 2018.
- Weinan Gao, Yu Jiang, Zhong-Ping Jiang, and Tianyou Chai. Output-feedback adaptive optimal control of interconnected systems based on robust adaptive dynamic programming. Automatica, vol. 72, pp. 37-45, 2016.
- Weinan Gao, and Zhong-Ping Jiang. Adaptive dynamic programming and adaptive optimal output regulation of linear systems. IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 61, no. 12, pp. 4164-4169, 2016.