Emeritus Faculty | Florida Institute of Technology
Association for Computing Machinery
Special Interest Group - SIGCSE, SIGGRAPH, SIGPLAN, SIGUCC
Institute for Electrical and Electronic Engineers
IEEE Computer Society
Data Processing Management Association
Upsilon Pi Epsilon (National Computer Science Honor Society)
Illinois State Academy of Science
Florida Academy of Science
National President, Upsilon Pi Epsilon (1981 - 1982)
Editor, National Student Newsletter
B.A. in German University of Utah
M.Sc. in Computer Science University of Utah
Ph.D. in Computer Science University of Southwest Louisiana
Florida Tech Service
· 1999 - Present: Associate Vice President, Information Technology and Professor of Computer Science
· 1998 - 1999: Interim Dean, College of Engineering and Professor of Computer Science
· 1993 - 1998: Associate Dean, College of Engineering and Professor of Computer Science
· 1988 - 1993: Associate Professor and Department Head, Computer Science
· 1984 - 1988: Associate Professor and Academic Coordinator, Boston University, Overseas Program
· 1983 - 1984: Associate Professor, Troy State University, European Region
· 1981 - 1983: Associate Professor and Director, Mathematical Systems Program, Sangamon State University
· 1980 - 1981: Associate Professor/Lecturer, Sangamon State University
· 1976 - 1978: Assistant Professor, Southern Illinois University - Carbondale
· 1974 - 1976: Assistant Professor/Instructor, University of Nebraska
· 1971 - 1974: Instructor, University of Southwestern Louisiana
· 1968 - 1971: Associate Instructor/Teaching Assistant, University of Utah
· 1978 - 1981: Director of Computing Affairs, Corporate Treasurer and Benefit Plan Administrator, Illinois Educational Consortium
· 1976 - 1978: Director, Academic Computing Services, Southern Illinois University-Carbondale
· 1976 - 1978: Member of the Board of Directors Mid-Illinois Computer Cooperative, Edwardsville, Illinois
· 1974 - 1976: Director Departmental Computing Facilities University of Nebraska
· 1972 - 1974: Director Departmental Computing Facilities University of Southwestern Louisiana
Managing System Technical Risks: Using a Process-Based, Integration Infrastructure, J. R. Newman & S. L. Rohde, Proceeding of the Fifth Complex Systems Engineering Synthesis and Assessment Technology Workshop (CSESAWI95), November 6 - 10, Ft. Lauderdale, FL.
Multimedia as a Tool for Improving Software Engineering Education and Training, J. R. Newman, Proceeding of the Fourth Software Engineering Research Forum, November 2 - 3, 1995, Boca Raton, FL.
An Innovative Computing Curriculum for Scientist, Engineers, Mathematicians, and Educators, J. R. Newman, W. H. Shaw, & H. D. Mills, Computer Science Department Technical Report and NSF Contract Deliverables, Florida Institute of Technology, October 1995, Melbourne, FL.
Run-time Correctness Checking of SKILL Program, J. R. Newman & M. Mortensen, 1995 International Cadence Users Group, October 1 - 5, 1995, Cambridge, MA.
"An Ada Transition Course into Software Engineering", H. D. Mills & J. R. Newman, Computer Science Department Technical Report and ARPA Contract Deliverables, Florida Institute of Technology, January 1995, Melbourne, FL.