The Office of First Year Experience awards at least one Fantastic First-Year Student Award each year. Applications become available in early February and winners are announced at the Office of Student Life's Student Leadership Awards event in April.
Recipients are awarded a one-time $750 scholarship that will be applied to their fall tuition bill and will serve as an FYE student ambassador/representative during that fall semester.
Award applications and additional information are available in Florida Tech Engage. The 2021-2022 award application will become available on Monday, February 7th, 2022. The application and all related materials must be received by Monday, March 7th, 2022 at 5pm EST.
The Fantastic First-Year Student Award recognizes students who have made the most of their first year at Florida Tech. In addition to strong academic performance, the ideal applicant would be actively engaged in activities and experiences outside of the classroom and would demonstrate a desire to become an integral member of the Florida Tech community.
Freshman and transfer students who meet the following criteria are eligible to apply:
- First semester of full-time enrollment at Florida Tech was Spring, 2021, Summer 2021, or Fall 2021
- Has completed at least one semester at Florida Tech
- Is and has been enrolled full-time on the Melbourne main campus as an undergraduate student
- Has a minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA
Note: Students who meet the criteria above and were not assigned an FYE advisor in their first semester due to the number of transfer credits received are encouraged to apply.
Conditions of Receiving the Award
Award recipients must be:
- Enrolled as full-time students for the Fall 2022 semester
- In good academic and judicial standing
- Available to attend the Office of Student Life's Student Leadership Awards event to accept the award
Email all questions regarding the application to firstname.lastname@example.org.