Application For Special Community College
Intended Student Type
- Special Community College Student, major code: 0014
- Special Community College ROTC Student, major code: 0012
- Middle Initial
Other names under which you were enrolled at this or any other institution(s)
Gender (Male, Female)
Date of Birth
When do you plan to begin?
Country of Citizenship
Language spoken in home
College/university you are currently attending
Other colleges/universities you have attended
Have you previously attended Florida Tech?
Course(s) I plan to take as a "Special Community College Student" at Florida Tech
- Hispanic or Latino
- Black or African American
- American Indian or Alaska Native
- Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander
MAJOR CODES: 0012 and 0014
Adviser: Transfer admission counselor in concert with Rodd Newcombe, Academic Support Center
- This program is available to students currently attending any state of Florida college or community college (enrollment is on a space available basis).
- Tuition, while enrolled as a special community college student, is $100 per credit payable at the time of class registration. Credits will be recorded on a Florida Tech transcript at the end of each semester (there is a $5 transcript request fee). Upon matriculation as a full-time undergraduate student, the tuition rate will be the current Florida Tech tuition rate at that time.
- Students enrolled in this program who ultimately matriculate to Florida Tech are eligible for all scholarship and financial aid programs offered by the university. U.S. citizens who qualify may also receive additional aid from state and federal sources.
- Some Florida Tech courses and other costs are not included in the $100 per credit tuition offer (i.e., textbooks and supplies, flight training, internship courses and others as determined by the university). Flight training costs are incurred at the current training rates. These costs are in addition to university tuition.
- Participants are eligible to take up to 12 semester hours of credit with the Special Community College program.
- Contact the Florida Tech admissions office at 321-674-8030 to schedule an appointment.
- Complete this form and submit to the Florida Tech Transfer Admission office.
- Submit a college transcript. It may be necessary to ensure that prerequisites have been satisfied for the courses the student plans to complete at Florida Tech.
- Students applying as Special Community College ROTC Students must have ROTC approval.
I understand and agree to the terms and conditions set in this document.
Florida Institute of Technology is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate, baccalaureate, master’s, education specialist and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Florida Institute of Technology. Florida Institute of Technology is committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnic or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status, or other non-merit reasons in admissions, scholarship and loan programs, educational programs, athletic or other university sponsored programs or activities, and employment including employment of disabled veterans and veterans of the Vietnam Era, as required by applicable laws. Contact the Title IX Coordinator at (321) 674-8700.