Transfer Stock to Florida Tech
One of the most advantageous ways to contribute to the university is through a gift of stock. Making a gift of securities is simple and offers a number of benefits:
- You can donate appreciated stocks, bonds or mutual funds
- The total value of the stock upon transfer is tax-deductible
- There is no obligation to pay any capital gains taxes on the appreciation
The university recommends that you consult with your tax advisor regarding your specific tax situation.
Procedures for Stock Gifts
The donor or donor’s broker should inform the Florida Institute of Technology Office of Advancement via email to email@example.com of the following information:
- Name of donor
- Name of company/security
- Ticker symbol or CUSIP
- Number of shares
- Broker contact information, and
- Designation language, for example: “given for the benefit of Florida Institute of Technology” or if restricted, specific language as to the donor’s intent.
The donor’s broker may use the following account information for the securities transfer.
Receiving Firm Name: National Financial Services
DTC Clearing Number: 0226
Account Number: 645-484210
Name of Recipient: Florida Institute of Technology
Florida Tech Federal Tax ID # 59-6046500
It is important that you authorize your broker to disclose to the university your name and the details pertaining to the stock transfer. This will allow us to efficiently identify the gift when it arrives and to acknowledge it.
If you have any questions, need assistance or would like to transfer stock certificates held by you, please contact the Advancement Office at (321) 674-8962, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org