Acceptability Thresholds & Definitions
Core Value #1 - Student Success
- FTIC Retention Rates
- Goal for First Year Retention Rate: achieve and maintain 80% or higher
- SAT Scores of Newly Enrolled FTICs
- Goal: 1150 - 1350 (25 th - 75 th percentile)
- Six Year Graduation Rate
- Goal: achieve and maintian 60% or higher
Post Graduation Outcomes (Job Placement)
Goal: exceed 90% of students employeed (incl. Military) or continuing education six months after gradaution.
- Licensure Results (for Flight and Clinical Psychology)
- Program requirements:
70% minimum for FAA Knowledge Exams Clinical Psychology Outcomes & Licensure Results
Core Value #2 - Research for the Benefit of Mankind
- Contract and Grants Expenditures
- Threshold: $10,000,000
- Goal: Exceed $10,000,000
Core Value #3 - Development of Global Citizens
- Goals of the current 2015 QEP - Global Workforce and Cross Cultural Competence can be found on the QEP website
- FTIC (First Time In College)
- A student who has no prior postsecondary experience (except as noted below) attending any institution for the first time at the undergraduate level. This includes students enrolled in academic or occupational programs. It also includes students enrolled in the fall term who attended college for the first time in the prior summer term, and students who entered with advanced standing (college credits earned before graduation from high school).
- The Fall semester of Florida Institute of Technology's academic year which starts in August. The official reporting data for the University is generated on the Friday of the fifth week of classes in the Fall term for the Melbourne campus and Extended Studies, and the Tuesday of the fourth week of classes for Florida Tech Online.
Fall FTIC Cohort
- The group of FTICs entering in the fall term established for tracking purposes.
- A twelve-month period running from May 1 through the following April 30. This time period corresponds to Florida Tech's academic terms in the following sequence: Summer, Fall and Spring. Note - beginning in FY20, the university's fiscal year has changed to July 1 to June 30.