Students: Make a Presentation Appointment with Canvas
This document is a work-in-progress: if it can be improved, please contact us with your comments and questions.
In Global Navigation, click the Calendar link.
If a course includes an appointment, the name of the course displays in the Course drop-down menu. Select the course where you want to look for an appointment , then click the Submit button .
View the appointments available for the course. Faded time slots indicate the time slot has been reserved.
View Next Available Appointment
If your calendar is set to either the Week or Month view, and there are no available appointments in the visible date range, the Calendar will let you know the date of the next available appointment. You can click the date in the window to view available appointments.
In the calendar, click the time slot you want to reserve . In the appointment window, you can view the appointment time, calendar, and details. If you want to leave any comments for your instructor, you can type them in the Comments field .
To sign up for the time slot, click the Reserve link .
Other Useful Tools
View Updated Appointments
Once you have reserved a time slot, the time slot fades in the calendar.
If you want to choose another time slot instead, click the new time slot and repeat the reservation process.
Confirm New Appointment
If you choose another time slot, the Calendar will confirm you already have a reserved appointment. If you want to reschedule with the new appointment time, click the Reschedule button . However, if you want to keep your original appointment, click the Do Nothing button .
To completely cancel your appointment, click the appointment time  and click the Un-reserve link .
In the comment field , let your instructor know why you need to delete your reservation. Click the Delete button .
The above documentation is also available on the Canvas site.
GSAs: Make Appointment Groups
Making an appointment group on Canvas requires only a few steps and some care to ensure you're following your instructor's course policies for presentations. Note that steps to reach the appointment scheduler are also available in the Canvas documentation, which is the source of record for Canvas details; please contact us with feedback.
- Go to Canvas: http://canvas.fit.edu/
- Open the Calendar (as in the student instructions)
- Click to add an event:
- Select "Appointment Group", and fill the necessary information on the form:
- Set the "Name" of the appointment group to your name; this is what students see
- Select the correct course for your appointments to appear on under "Select Calendars"
- Choose all office hours or other appointment times that would be available for your project (not individual appointment times.) Once all of those times are entered, select to divide into equal slots of 15 minutes (unless your projects take longer) and click "Go"
- Make sure to select any necessary options from the three available (for instance, to restrict a slot to one student, select that option, unless multiple students can attend, etc.)