Effective Date Oct 28, 2013
The purpose of this policy is to provide guidance on receiving goods, materials and capital equipment by the University.
This policy applies to all university departments and offices.
The responsibility for receiving goods, materials and capital equipment ordered through the Office of Purchasing rests with the Property Administration Supervisor with the following exceptions:
- Contracted Services (i.e., lawn maintenance, consultants)
- Supplies received directly by departments through blanket agreement with vendors (i.e, food and beverages, fuel and automotive supplies).
- Building construction and repair materials
- Bottled gases, water, ice, and perishables delivered directly to departments or offices
- Goods received via U.S. Mail addressed directly to departments, offices or employees
- Travel Tickets
- Any damaged or opened cartons will be accepted by the Central Receiving department, issues will be annotated on the packing slip/bill of lading from the carrier, and the requesting department will do the item verification for the receiving process. The cartons will remain in the Central Receiving area until the department has verified the shipment for the receiver.
- Complex, scientific or highly technological equipment will be accepted by the Central Receiving department, and the requesting department will do the item verification for the receiving process.
- Services have to be received by the requesting departments or offices.
- Other categories determined by the Property Administration Supervisor and consistent with this policy
For the categories listed above that require receiving reports, the requesting department or office must do on-line receiving.
University departments or offices are responsible for receiving goods or services in the above categories.