ABA Online Holiday Policy
Effective Date Apr 9, 2008
As a program we would like to encourage our students, co-instructors and staff to spend university-approved holidays with their friends or family or just to take some personal time. In addition, we want our co-instructors to have the opportunity to take advantage of specific continuing education activities and conferences to ensure they remain current on recent advancements in ABA. However, we strive to maintain exceptional instructional practices and provide students with much needed contact with their co-instructors in the form of weekly online meetings. In keeping with these goals, the following policy was drafted regarding holidays and make-up sessions.
Online meetings will be canceled on the following university holidays:
- New Year’s eve and day (Dec 31 and January 1 unless otherwise noted)
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Last day of Spring Break (varies)
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day (July 4)
- Labor Day
- Columbus Day
- Veterans’ Day
- Thanksgiving (Wednesday through Friday, unless otherwise noted)
- Christmas (December 24 through 26, unless otherwise noted)
Classes may be cancelled or limited sections offered:
- During FABA, ABAI and APBA
When an online meeting is canceled due to a holiday or conference:
- Additional regular sessions will be designated as make-up sessions for that week only.
- Information regarding available sections will be provided to students via email and through the learning management system (ANGEL) approximately 1 to 2 weeks prior to the canceled meetings.
- Online meeting sizes may be larger during weeks in which a holiday occurs.
- Attendance points will be assigned automatically for those students whose section meets on the holiday/cancellation day(s).
- Students may choose to attend a make-up session if their regular section met on a day classes were canceled, but are not required to do so to earn attendance points.
If a make-up meeting is attended, it will not count against the maximum of 2 make-ups allowed in a term.