Effective Date Apr 9, 2008
Technology Lending Policy
Evans Library provides a variety of technology items and equipment that are available for loan to current students, faculty and staff. The following conditions must be met:
- Users must be in good standing and present a valid Florida Tech ID Card when borrowing an item.
- Equipment is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Items may not be reserved in advance and no renewals are allowed.
- Loan periods vary depending on the device. See below.
- If tech lending items go into Overdue status, library privileges will be suspended until the item is returned.
- When borrowing or using equipment, please bring any problems to the attention of library staff immediately.
- As the borrower, you are responsible for the safety and security of the equipment and its components while it is checked out to you.
- Never leave items unattended, in direct sunlight or in a place subject to extreme temperatures.
- Borrowers must return items to the iDesk at least 30 minutes before the library closes.
- Do not return technology equipment in a book return drop.
- When returning technology equipment, wait for library staff to check the device for damage and verify that all of the components have been returned, e.g., manual, power cords, USB cords, etc.
- If a component is missing, you will be charged the cost of replacing the lost component. If it is not possible to purchase a replacement, you will be charged the replacement cost of the entire piece of equipment.
- Replacement cost will be assessed at the current market price at the time the item is identified as lost.
- You will be charged the full repair or replacement cost if the equipment is lost, damaged or stolen while it is checked out to you.
- Technology equipment that is not returned will be considered lost and full replacement cost will be charged. A block will be placed on the user’s library and student accounts.
- The following table does not represent the entirety of the Technology Lending collection. Any items not listed below will also be assessed at the current market price for replacement costs.
Technology Equipment and Loan Information
|Device||Qty||Specs||Loan Period||Late Fee||
Approximate Replacement Cost per item
|BeagleBone Black||2||element14||3 weeks||$10/hr||$70|
|Raspberry Pi||8||Model B+||3 weeks||$10/hr||$90|
RedBoard Arduino Kits
|8||Slightly Modified Arduino Uno||3 weeks||$10/hr||$120|
Wacom Graphing Tablet
|1||Pen Tablet, Intuos Pro Professional||72-hour||$10/hr||$500|
Panasonic HC-V770 w/32 GB SD card
Canon PowerShot SX150 IS. Tripods also available
Lanparte HHG-01 Handheld 3-axis
|Digital USB Microphone||1||Telex M-560||48-hour||$10/hr||$75|
|Simple VR Google Goggles||5||VR 3D Goggles for smartphones||24-hour||$10/day||$30|
|USB DVD Writer||1||Samsung SE-S084||24-hour||$10/hr||$100|
|Video Projector||3||AAXA MP-300-02 LED Showtime 3D Pico/Micro||24-hour||$10/hr||$555|
|Graphing Calculator||7||TI-89 Titanium (5); TI-84 Plus Silver Ed (2)||24-hour||$10/hr||$200|
|Financial Calculator||1||TI- BA II Plus||24-hour||$10/day||$45|
|Scientific Calculator||6||Casio FX-115ES Plus||24-hour||$10/day||
|Laser Pointer / Presentation Mouse||4||2.4 GHz Wireless Remote Control Laser Pointer||
|Laptop Computer||5||Dell, Lenovo||
4-hour, in library only
|iPad||6||Retina Display||4-hour, in library only||$10/hr||$600|
|USB Phone Charger||10||
iPhone/Android/Type C with power blocks
|4-hour, in library only||$1/hr||$6.50|
|Multitool Adaptor||1||Lifetrons Lightning Edition for iOS||4-hour||$1/hr||$100|
|Touch Screen Stylus||6||Universal Capacitive||4-hour, in library only||$1/hr||$10|
|Headphones||7||Califone 3068AV||4-hour, in library only||$1/hr||$25|
|Macbook HDMI Adapter||6||MacBook Mini Display to HDMI adapter||4-hour, in library only||$1/hr||$10|
|MacBook Power Brick||3||Power adaptor for Apple MacBook||24-hour||$1/hr||$10|
|Power Adaptor||3||European and Universal||4-hour, in library only||$1/hr||$25|
|Conferencing Speakerphone||1||Jabra Speak 510 for PC||2-hour, in library only||$1/hr||$200|
For questions about our Technology Lending Policy, please contact the iDesk at 321-674-8086.