Applicable Employee Classes:
Florida Tech Employees, except student workers
Dr. T. Dwayne McCay, President
The Most Valuable Panther (MVP) Program has been established to recognize employees who embody the university’s standards for innovation as demonstrated by their excellence and quality service.
The MVP Program provides monthly recognition of an employee who demonstrates:
The MVP Program is administered by the Office of Human Resources. A selection committee composed of members of various university departments reviews the nominations and selects the winner each month.
A nominee for the award must meet the following criteria:
1. All nominations must be submitted on the official electronic form and received by the committee by the fifteen of the month in order to be considered for that month’s award. The winner will be announced the first of the following month.
2. The MVP committee will review nominations and select a winner based on the above criteria. If a committee member is nominated, they will be excused from voting that month.
3. Nominees will be judged on a point system. Each criteria standard has a point value. The highest scoring nominee will be considered for the award. If more than one nominee receives the same highest score, each of those nominees will have his or her name placed into a blind drawing for the month's selection.
4. The Vice President of Human Resources shall make the initial appointment of the necessary number of committee members.
5. Nominations may be made by anyone with an active affiliation with the university (i.e., staff, faculty, administrator, student).
6. Any eligible employee may be nominated more than once, but will only be eligible to win the award once within a twelve (12) month period.
7. Nominees who do not receive the award for the month in which they have been nominated, may be nominated again, but will not automatically remain in the nomination pool.
8. The nominator does not have to be the supervisor or director of the respective department; however, the nominator must be someone who has direct knowledge of the employee’s contributions.
Award recipients shall receive: