Administrator (Non-Faculty) Emeritus Policy
Effective Date Feb 1, 2019
The title of Emeritus/Emerita is an honorary status, conferred by the President to staff members who are entering permanent retirement and have served the University with distinction.
Any staff member who has rendered distinguished service to the University over a long period of time may, at the discretion of the President, be awarded Emeritus/Emerita status. There is no minimum period of employment required to be eligible for Emeritus/Emerita status.
Nominations for recognition may be made by a Dean, Vice President, Senior Vice President or the President. Nominations must be made in writing to the Office of the President and should include a letter explaining why the nominee is deserving of recognition.
Services and Privileges
- Florida Tech Emeritus Identification card;
- Florida Tech E-mail account;
- Parking permit, free of charge;
- Staff library privileges;
- Discounts for athletic events, and other university events, the same as current employees;
- Bookstore discounts;
- Mailing of appropriate university publications;