Travel Procedure And Forms
Travel Policy regarding the sequential steps to take regarding travel approval, travel advance and travel reporting.
- Travel Approval
- Travel Advance & Promissory Note
- The rules for travel advances are:
- $150 minimum, $2500 maximum with Dept. Head approval
- All advances $2500 and above need additional approval from C.Wood, CFO & Sr. VP for Financial Affairs
- $9500 maximum advance (field research, large groups, etc.)
- It is the responsibility of the traveler to assure proper check request approval, per the above, prior to submission to the Accounts Payable Dept.
- Use of Pcard is strongly encouraged so as to minimize advance requirements
- Submit the Promissory Note Form along with the approved Travel Itinerary Approval Form to Accounts Payable for your advance.
- Advance Return & Travel Report
- Please remember that any travel advance excess is due back to FIT within 10 business days after completion of travel.
- The excess advance owed to FIT is returned to Student Accounting at the cashiers window - 1st floor Commons Building.
- For 2017 please be sure to use the Travel Expense Report or TEM (Travel & Expense Mgmt System).
Again, all is due to AP within 10 business days after completion of travel.
Payroll deduction will occur beyond 10th business day.
NOTE: Do not alter the nature or format of the forms. If a change is needed, seek assistance from the Purchasing Department.