Tax Exempt Status
As a non-profit organization, Florida Tech should not pay tax on some “business-related” purchases in these 5 states:
- New Jersey
Florida Tech should be exempt from paying tax on these types of purchases (examples only, not all-inclusive):
- Room taxes on hotel stays
- Taxes on car rentals (currently limited to these vendors: Avis, Enterprise, and National)
- Sales Tax on merchandise to perform work-related duties:
- Office Depot, Staples, Amazon
- Best Buy and other electronic stores
- Publix and Walmart (contact customer service desk for assistance)
To ensure a successful tax-free transaction, please
- Pay with your Florida Tech P card and
- Provide the cashier or vendor with the Florida Tech Tax Exempt certificate prior to starting the purchase transaction (e.g. at hotel check-in or prior to beginning an order).
We truly appreciate your help in this cost savings effort!
To obtain a wallet-sized Florida Tech Tax Exemption certificate for Florida, please:
Contact Robert Colombo at x7535 or email@example.com or stop by Procurement Services in the Work Building, 2nd floor.
Tax Exempt Certificates