Research fuels Florida Tech
It is through research that faculty members advance their fields, students enhance their learning, and the university creates change for the benefit of our planet and all of its inhabitants. Every day, pioneering faculty and dedicated students work to uncover the mysteries of phenomena like lightning, autism and supermassive black holes, and to find answers to questions such as, “What can be done to mitigate species decline in the Indian River Lagoon?” and “Should airplanes be piloted from the ground?” or “How can we sustain human life on Mars?”
Research at Florida Tech
Numerous offices provide support to research activities including but not limited to strategic guidance, corporate outreach and sponsored administrative support to help faculty members identify and secure funded research and other opportunities.
Researcher Activities & Accolades
Florida Tech professors and students collaborate on countless research and scholarly projects that advance scientific knowledge for the betterment of humankind. Explore these resources to learn more.
Led by faculty researchers, these major institutes, centers and laboratories are engines of discovery and change for the betterment of science, industry and humankind.
- Center for High Resolution Microscopy & Imaging
- Human Spaceflight Laboratory
- Laser, Optics & Instrumentation Laboratory
- Wind & Hurricane Impacts Research Laboratory
- Center for Advanced Manufacturing & Innovative Design
- Center for Organizational Effectiveness
- Indian River Lagoon Research Institute
- L3Harris Institute for Assured Information
- Scott Center for Autism Treatment
- Center for Corrosion & Biofouling Control
- Dynamic Systems & Controls Laboratory
- Institute for Cross-Cultural Management
- Human-Centered Design Institute
- Sportfish Research Institute
Whether conducted in the library or labs, on campus or on location, student research is a key component of every Melbourne-based undergraduate and graduate degree program at Florida Tech.
Florida Tech is proud of its relationships with leading aerospace, information assurance and technology companies and welcomes inquiries from future partners.