Plan Your Campus Visit
Whether you'll be driving or flying into Melbourne, we want your journey to Florida Tech to be as enjoyable as your stay here, so we have compiled some helpful information, advice and resources to help you plan your visit.
Let Us Know
While you and your family are always welcome to stop by campus any time, we highly recommend signing up for a Daily Visit or registering for an Exploration Day or Discovery Day. Even if you know you will be in Melbourne on a day when the Office of Undergraduate Admission is closed, reach out! We'd love to help you with directions and give you some tips about what to do both on and around campus.
Bring Your Parking Pass
When you register for your visit to Florida Tech, we will send you a printable Visitor Parking Pass. All vehicles parked on campus must have a parking pass clearly displayed in order to avoid being ticketed. If you are unable to print your parking pass or you forget to bring it, we will gladly provide a new one when you check-in. (If you forget this one and get a ticket, let us know and we'll help get it taken care of for you.)
A few quick, helpful tips for you to consider for your visit to Florida Tech:
- Arrive on time. This ensures all of your appointments and scheduled events run as planned.
- Pack accordingly. They don't call it the Sunshine State for nothing. Bring sunglasses, sunscreen, light and comfortable clothes, and sandals or flip-flops. Staying in the area a while? Pack bathing suits and beach towels! From May to Sept. you may also want to bring an umbrella; between Nov. and Feb., make it a sweatshirt or light jacket.
- Take pictures. We welcome you to document your trip with photos or videos. (Just don't do it inside residence hall rooms when they are occupied by current students, please.) And if you post them on social media, tag us!
- Bring application materials. If you've gotten your hands on your transcripts, test scores or letters of recommendation, bring them with you! We're happy to receive application materials face-to-face.
- Bring a list of questions. It's hard to remember everything you want to ask in the moment, so have a list ready. Start with questions about all the things that are most important to you.
Make A Vacation Out Of It
Sunny and beautiful Melbourne, Florida is a great vacation destination! There's a lot to do but it never feels overly touristy, crowded or expensive. Locally, you'll find a variety of hotels, restaurants, theaters, beaches and activities. Within an hour, you can experience some of the most amazing theme parks, resorts and entertainment venues in the world. Turn your visit to Florida Tech into a family vacation!