Why Florida Tech?
Surf isn't the only thing that's up.
How does Florida Tech attract academically talented and diverse students from all 50 states and more than 100 different countries around the world? Let’s just say our location plays a part. The university resides in Melbourne, Florida, a five-minute drive from surf-perfect Atlantic Coast beaches and a historic riverside downtown, not to mention hundreds of top high-tech employers.
- 130 tropical acres on the east coast of Florida
- 72 degrees is our average daily temperature.
- 40 miles from the Kennedy Space Center.
- 3.5 miles from the Atlantic Ocean.
- 2 miles from the Indian River.
- 1 hour east of Orlando and major theme parks.
- 26 golf courses and over 180 parks in the county.
- 33 miles of Atlantic barrier islands connect with the mainland via three causeways.
- 3,000+ species of plants and animals call our Indian River Lagoon home.
- 40 rare and endangered species live here.
- Unlimited swimming, sailing, surfing, diving, fishing and boating!