Pahinkar, Darshan G.
Assistant Professor, Mechanical and Civil Engineering
My research involves development of efficient and heat driven energy systems that use insignificant amount of electricity to help mitigate the effects of climate change. This involves fundamental phenomena-based analyses of integral transport processes and system level performance assessment, followed by their proof-of-concept experimental validation.
B.E., Government College of Engineering Pune, India, 2006
M.E., Indian Institute of Science Bangalore, India, 2009
Ph.D., Georgia Institute of Technology Atlanta, 2016
Assistant Professor, Mechanical and Civil Engineering, Florida Institute of Technology (2020-present)
Postdoctoral Fellow, School of Mechanical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology (2017-2019)
Manager (Development), TATA Motors Engineering Research Center, Pune, India (2009-2011)
MEE 4171 Heat Transfer, Spring 2020
ME 3345 Heat Transfer, Spring 2018 (Georgia Tech)
Thermally Driven Scalable Heat Pumps
Simultaneous Interaction of Gases and Liquids with Adsorbents
Advanced Materials and Techniques for Electronics Thermal Management
American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineering (ASHRAE)
Low Temperature Direct Bonding of Aluminum Nitride to AlSiC Substrates, Georgia Tech Research Corporation, 2017, Application No. 62/549,123
Selected Journal Publications
- West M.P., P. Basnet, D. G. Pahinkar, R. Montgomery, S. Graham, E. M. Vogel, Impact of the thermal environment on the analog temporal response of HfOx-based neuromorphic devices, Applied Physics Letters, 2019, in review.
- Pahinkar D. G., P. Basnet, B. Zivasatienraj, A. W., M. West, W. A. Doolittle, E.M. Vogel, S. Graham, Effect of Electrical and Thermal Environment on Set/Reset Behavior of Filamentary Memristors. Journal of Applied Physics 2019, in review.
- Basnet P., D. G. Pahinkar, M. P. West, C. J. Perini, S. Graham and E. M. Vogel, Substrate Dependent Switching Performance of Amorphous HfOX Memristor Crossbars: Towards Digital Set and Analog Reset. ACS Nano 2019, in review.
- Pahinkar, D. G., Boteler, L., Ibitayo, D., Narumanchi, S., Paret, P., DeVoto, D., Major, J., and Graham, S. (May 8, 2019). "Liquid-Cooled Aluminum Silicon Carbide Heat Sinks for Reliable Power Electronics Packages." ASME. Journal Electronic Packaging, December 2019; 141(4): 041001. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.4043406
- Agbim K., D. G. Pahinkar, S. Graham (2018), Jet Impingement for Thermal Management using a Directly Integrated Cooling of Electronics (DICE) Approach, IEEE Transactions on Components, Packaging, and Manufacturing Technology DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/TCPMT.2018.2863714
- Pahinkar D. G., T. Puckett, S. Graham, L. Boteler, D. Ibitayo, S. Narumanchi, P. Paret, D. DeVoto, J. Major (2018), Transient Liquid Phase Bonding of AlN to AlSiC for Durable Power Electronic Packages, Advanced Engineering Materials, 1800039, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/adem.201800039
- Pahinkar, D. G. and S. Garimella (2018), “A Novel Temperature Swing Adsorption Process for Natural Gas Purification, Part II: Performance Assessment,” Separation and Purification Technology 204 pp. 81-89 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.seppur.2018.04.019
- Pahinkar, D. G. and S. Garimella (2018), “A Novel Temperature Swing Adsorption Process for Natural Gas Purification: Part I, Model Development,” Separation and Purification Technology 203 pp. 124-142 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.seppur.2018.04.020
- Pahinkar, D. G., Garimella (2017), Experimental and Computational Investigation of Gas Separation in Adsorbent Coated Microchannels. Chemical Engineering Science, Volume 173, 14 December 2017, Pages 588-606. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ces.2017.07.046
- Moore B. K., D. G. Pahinkar, S. Garimella (2017), Experimental and Analytical Investigation of Displacement Flows in Microchannels, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Volume 112, Pages 745–757. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ijheatmasstransfer.2017.04.044
- Boman, D. B., D. C. Hoysall, D. G. Pahinkar, M. J. Ponkala and S. Garimella (2017), “Screening of working pairs for adsorption heat pumps based on thermodynamic and transport characteristics,” Applied Thermal Engineering Vol. 123 pp. 422-434 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.applthermaleng.2017.04.153
- Pahinkar, D. G., S. Garimella and T. R. Robbins (2017), “Feasibility of Temperature Swing Adsorption in Adsorbent-Coated Microchannels for Natural Gas Purification,” Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research 56(18) pp. 5403-5416 DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.1021/acs.iecr.7b00389
- Pahinkar, D. G., Garimella and T. R. Robbins (2015), “Feasibility of Using Adsorbent-Coated Microchannels for Pressure Swing Adsorption: Parametric Studies on Depressurization,” Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research Vol. 54(41) pp. 10103-10114. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.1021/acs.iecr.5b01023
- Bhattacharjee D. and D. G. Pahinkar (2012), “Analysis of Performance of Bowlers Using Combined Bowling Rate”, International Journal of Sports Science and Engineering, Vol. 06, No. 03, pp. 184-19. http://www.worldacademicunion.com/journal/SSCI/SSCIvol06no03paper08.pdf
- Pahinkar D. G. and J. Srinivasan (2010), “Simulation of Reverse Swing of the Cricket Ball”, International Journal of Sports Science and Engineering, V04, No.1, pp. 053-064. http://www.worldacademicunion.com/journal/SSCI/sscivol04no01paper07.pdf