Research At Florida Tech
Impact of COVID-19 on Sponsored Programs
COVID-19 is a significant challenge that will continue to impact research on campus in the weeks ahead. Florida Tech’s Office of Sponsored Programs is coordinating efforts to maintain essential research administration functions while minimizing human interactions that could contribute to the spread of the virus.
- Florida Tech has reduced on-campus personnel to those identified as essential, as determined by their managers and university leadership
- Florida Tech Office of Sponsored Programs is open but operating remotely. We continue to process all proposals, agreements and awards.
- Given the implementation of a statewide lockdown in Florida and the increased need for social distancing due to the Coronavirus pandemic, IRB urges principal investigators to voluntarily pause all research involving direct person-to-person contact temporarily. Research conducted remotely without direct person-to-person contact may continue as per the IRB approved protocol. IRB remains operational in an online mode. Please direct any questions, comments or concerns to IRB chair Dr. Jignya Patel at firstname.lastname@example.org or Institutional Officer Mischka Maxwell at email@example.com.
- For questions regarding export controls or animal research, contact Dr Tristan Fiedler, Federal Government Programs Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Florida Tech’s Office of Sponsored Programs staff are here to continue to support you in your research through this difficult time. We encourage you to look out for one another and those in your communities. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out.
If you have any questions below is a list of contact information for the Office of Sponsored Programs
- Carolyn Lockyer, Director of Sponsored Programs, email@example.com, 321-674-7490
- Vicki Borton, Administrative Assistant III, firstname.lastname@example.org, 321-674-8960
- Dr Donn Miller-Kermani, Assistant Director for Sponsored Programs, email@example.com, 321-674-7648
- Lee Wise, Sr. Contract Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org, 321-674-XXXX (TBA)
- Joseph Giampapa, Director of IP & Tech Transfer, 321-674-7309, email@example.com
- Kelly Carnes, Sr. Accountant, firstname.lastname@example.org, 321-674-7418
- Manfang Xu, Sr. Accountant, email@example.com, 321-674-7279
Export controls & IACUC
- Florida Tech Office of Sponsored Programs Main Office, firstname.lastname@example.org, 321-674-8960
Research News and Stories
New technology developed by Florida Tech and NASA will be launched to the International Space Station later this month.
Could wayward planets be vessels for life? The work of Florida Tech astrobiologist Manasvi Lingam shows how it may be possible.
A recent study focuses on a new process for converting human waste from home septic systems into phosphorus-rich fertilizer.
As reefs face threats from climate change, Florida Tech is exploring 3D printing to potentially help sustain this critical ocean resource.
Deborah Carstens, Ph.D.
Graduate Program Chair, Professor of Aviation Human Factors & Professor of Human-Centered Design
Geoffrey Swain, Ph.D.
Professor of Oceanography and Ocean Engineering
Jignya Patel, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Information Systems
Steven Lazarus, Ph.D.
Professor, Ocean Engineering and Marine Sciences
Jessica L. Wildman (Wildones), Ph.D.
Associate Professor, School of Psychology