Financial Aid Office
FAFSA School Code: 001469
The Financial Aid Office is available to assist students and their families to identify sources of financial aid, obtain application information and complete the application process. The goal of the financial aid office is to help provide you with the means to finance your Florida Tech education.
Undergraduates in selected STEM and Business related majors (GM Foundation)
FAFSA Lessons Learned
Click the link above to avoid delays caused by the most common FAFSA mistakes. Tips courtesy of NASFAA, the National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators.
The 2015-2016 FAFSA is available to complete online at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/. One way to prepare for completing the online version is to first download the 2015-2016 FAFSA on the Web Worksheet (pdf). This helps you gather the required information and determine your answers to questions before you go to the FAFSA website.
Students with Federal loans
Students with Federal loans have important decisions to make about their loans. They also must take several specific actions to ensure the loan funds are available to pay for college costs when due and avoid late fees on any unpaid balance. Read more below, check PAWS for outstanding requirements and check your student account regularly.
If you are looking for dollar estimates of Federal loan availability, how much your monthly payments might be or how loan consolidation may affect your payments, check out this handy Loan Calculator.
Stafford Loans never appear on your student account until after you accept the loan, complete an Entrance Interview (online counseling session) and complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN). All Stafford and PLUS Loans are provided by the Federal Government with commercial firms providing the loan servicing. New students who will rely on Federal Stafford or PLUS loans to help finance their education must complete a Master Promissory Note on the Federal Department of Education website, StudentLoans.gov. More information about this process for new and returning students is also available on our web site -- see Stafford Loans.
Petitioning Graduates with Stafford Loans or Graduate PLUS Loans
Petitioning Graduates with Federal Stafford loans and/or Graduate PLUS loans must complete Exit Counseling as one of the obligations you accepted when taking the loan. You may complete the counseling online at StudentLoans.gov -- look for the "Manage My Direct Loan" block, click on the big green "Sign In" button and use your PIN to logon and complete the Exit Counseling process.
Petitioning Graduates with Outstanding Perkins Loans
Graduates with outstanding Federal Perkins Loans must also complete a separate Exit Counseling for that loan. Exit Records are normally created for petitioning graduates with outstanding loans a month or two before graduation. At that time you can complete your Exit Interview online at your convenience. Please use FL Tech School Code U7 for Perkins Loan Exit Counseling. Live Customer Service is available online to assist you. If you do not find an Exit Record available to electronically sign, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can set one up and advise you when it is ready.
Panther Payment Plans
Florida Tech Panther Payment Plans enable you to spread out your payments for tuition and fees. One feature enables students to authorize a parent or other person to access their account information and make payments for them. To learn more about the payment plan, including enrollment dates for each semester, go to Panther Payment Plan.
You may also want to check out other information on the Student Financial Services website. You can find helpful FAQs, information about the Student Account Center, plus links to policies and procedures about Account Refunds or about the Flight Instruction Account of special interest to flight students.
Upcoming Important Dates
Students planning to attend Florida Tech after June 30, 2014 should complete the 2014-2015 FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov
Florida Tech complies with federal statues requiring that students be enrolled in a degree-seeking program and maintain satisfactory academic progress each semester in order to continue receiving financial aid.
For Main Campus and Extended Studies Students
For Florida Tech University Online Students
PAWS Financial Aid Information
PAWS versus Access Florida Tech
- If you heard a rumor that PAWS is "going away" or it is "being replaced by Access Florida Tech," neither is true.
- What is new is that you will now enter PAWS via Access Florida Tech.
- Save http://access.fit.edu/ in your browser or use the Access Florida Tech link on the Florida Tech home page.
- Login using your TRACKS Username and Password and go to the Student Money tab.
- Student Money displays PAWS information for your Student Account, your Financial Aid Awards and your Financial Aid Requirements.
- If you need more information, you will also find useful hyperlinks that open PAWS directly without a separate login.
- PAWS displays data in real time -- financial aid updates appear as the staff enters them.
- PAWS will end your session after 15 minutes with no user activity.
- Avoid using browser back buttons -- use the menu links that appear on each page.
NAVIGATING IN PAWS
- PAWS navigation consists of tabbed windows containing menu hyperlinks.
- Tabs include a Personal Information tab plus other tabs depending on your relationship with Florida Tech.
- The Personal Information tab allows you to view and update addresses and email information.
- Students also see a Student tab and a Financial Aid tab.
- Federal Work Study student employees see an Employee tab.
The menu pick Payment/Student Account Information appears in both the Financial Aid tab and Student tab.
- Review the current status of your student account.
- Make payments on your account.
FINANCIAL AID MENU
The Financial Aid tab also contains menu picks for Financial Aid Status, Eligibility, Awards and Financial Aid Authorization.
- Financial Aid Status summarizes your current financial aid status and links to many of the details.
The Eligibility menu provides status of your financial aid tracking requirements.
- Completed requirements
- Outstanding requirements -- the ones that can delay or prevent aid payments to your account.
- From the Award menu you can
- See all awards currently in your financial aid package.
- Accept any awards that are not automatically accepted for you.
- See the expected date when awards should pay to your student account.
- View and print a complete history of your fianancial aid awards at Florida Tech.
The Student tab also contains menu picks for Admissions, Registration and Student Records.
- File an application for admission
- Determine your admission status
- Register for or change classes
- Review your grades
- Track progress towards completing your degree (Degree Evaluation)
- Request an official transcript