Frequently Asked Questions
- Where is the Office of Financial Services located?
- What is a budget?
- An estimate of income and expenditure for a set period of time.
- What is the budget cycle?
- The budget cycle is the same as the fiscal year, it begins on July 1st and ends on June 30.
- When are the budgets loaded?
- What do we do when the vendor is not in the system?
- As soon as you are aware that you will be dealing with a new vendor, forward a completed/signed Supplier Package to email@example.com. Procurement Services is unable to setup the new supplier without this information prior to creating the requisition.
- What has to go out for bid/quote, and what doesn't?
- Please review our Competitive Bid Policy May 2019. Two (2) Informal quotes are required for small purchases of $5,001-$15,000, and Three (3) Formal quotes are required for all items $15,001 or greater. $100,000+ requires an RFP through Procurement Services. Please forward any quotes you have received to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is the responsibility of Procurement Services to ensure the best pricing has been received. Please refer to the Policies and Procedures section for the latest documents.
- If I order something and it is not what was really wanted, can it be returned?
- If it was an error on the supplier's part, the answer is "yes". If the department orders something incorrectly or decides a change is required, the answer can be yes but there could be a restocking fee and return shipping charges. Custom/Special orders generally are not returnable.
- My department is considering leasing equipment. How do we begin?
- When do you need a purchase order verses other payment options?
- A purchase order is required for ALL computers.
- A purchase order is required for purchases over $5,000.00
NOTE: You should try to use your Pcard for purchases up to $5,000.00 if you have that option. Exceptions are listed in the Procurement Card Rules and Guidelines.
- How can I create a purchase order for something already received?
- The "Confirming Purchase Order" procedure states that confirming orders can only be used in emergency situations. You cannot create a PO for a delivery date that has passed. Please call Procurement Services to discuss your particular situation.
- How do I increase the amount of a purchase order?
- Please email a request from the Cost Center Manager to email@example.com stating the changes required.
- Do I put shipping in as a separate line item?
- Yes. If the shipping and handling cost is known, show it as a seperate line item for freight. Prepay and shipping cost that exceeds 10% of the total order must also show a line item for freight. This will avoid the necessity of a change order.
- How do I suspend or cancel a PO or requisition?
- Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the reason for the request from the Cost Center Manager. Only Procurement Services can cancel a purchase order and only if there is no activity. If a purchase order has activity, the memo would be directed to purchasing.
- When do I put in a Receiver?
- As soon as your PO items have been delivered or the service requested has been completed please enter the receiver in the system.