Effective Date May 30, 2019
|Applicable Employee Classes
All Florida Tech Employees
Marsha Bewersdorf, CFO
Florida Tech’s Visa Card program is administered by Bank of America for individual and departmental procurement cards (p-card). Departmental cards will be held by the department and each department is responsible for signing the card in and out when offering to a department member for use. Contact Bank of America immediately if your card is compromised, lost or stolen (888-449-2273 24-hour customer service) and inform the Procurement Services p-card coordinator as soon as possible. Cardholders can also call the number on the back of the card for questions regarding card decline and available balance.
- The billing cycle is from the first (1st) of each month to the end of the month. Your credit limit is reinstated the first of the next month. Unused balances will not roll over.
- Transaction receipts are to be given to your Account Manager (the person who reconciles your p-card). If you don’t have a receipt, you must fill out the Missing Receipt form on the Procurement Services website. Include both the supplier name and breakdown of the purchase/transaction.
- Supervisors are responsible for and must approve all transactions each month.
- Statements must have two (2) signatures/approvals; the cardholder and the supervisor/department head.
- Purchases are not to exceed $5,000 total per purchase transaction.
- Split Transactions are prohibited – Split transactions are purchases with more than one transaction per card or with multiple cards.
- Do not pay Florida State Sales Tax. Please provide the supplier with the Florida sales tax exemption card you are given.
- Purchases may be made by phone, internet or in store.
- When ordering online, instruct the supplier to put your name and department name on the outside of the package.
- If an item is delivered damaged, broken, incorrect or does not arrive, contact the vendor immediately to resolve the issue. If you have any difficulties, call Procurement Services for assistance.
- Purchases for airline tickets, hotel reservations and car rentals (which are for company business) are to be within your monthly limit. Note: The limits on your p-card for airfare, hotel and car rental may be raised when traveling.
- If paying for a purchase with Pay Pal or Square, documentation regarding the details of the purchased item(s) and vendor must be included with the receipt.
- If a vendor requires the use of a mobile pay other than Pay Pal, contact Procurement Services before making the purchase.
- Amazon Purchases:
- All Amazon purchases must be made through the Florida Tech business account.
- You must separate your personal Amazon account from your business account.
- Do not use your business account for personal use.
- Do not use your p-card to pay for Amazon Prime membership.
- Alcoholic beverages.
- Capital equipment. Regardless of the cost, capital equipment must be ordered through a purchase requisition.
- Construction/remodeling, consultants, speaker fees, controlled substances, donations, fines, parking tickets, tuition, or live animals.
- Cash advances on your p-card are not allowed. (The p-card will not work at an ATM)
- Cashback on purchases or returns is not allowed. Please request that your card be credited.
- P-cards are used for third-party suppliers and are not allowed for use at Florida Tech venues or on campus.
- Personal use of the university p-card is not allowed. If you make a personal purchase in error, please inform your department head and the p-card coordinator immediately, so that you may reimburse the university. Keep your business card separate from personal cards.
- Peer-to-peer mobile payment services, such as, but not limited to, Venmo, Zelle and/or Popmoney, are strictly prohibited.
- Computers, iPads, etc. must be ordered through a purchase requisition, so that these items can be tagged and to ensure it meets IT specifications and warranty requirements.
- Note: Any mobile devices such as Android tablets, netbooks, e-readers, kindles, watches and like items may be purchased with a p-card as long as the base price of the item does not exceed $1,000.These small item purchases must be tagged or recorded by Property for inventory control.
- Chemicals-hazardous/radioactive isotopes/laser, etc. These items must be ordered through a purchase requisition unless Procurement Services has established a planned purchasing program outlined with the department. These items will be tracked and logged for safety through the Department of Environmental & Regulatory Compliance.
The cardholder needs to provide an explanation of the business purpose of each transaction, where necessary, either by noting it on the receipt or attaching an explanation to the receipt. For special events, meals and entertainment charges, the cardholder is required to list the attendees along with the business purpose.
If you experience a billing error, complete the Statement of Disputed Item form located on the Procurement Services website and fax to Bank of America copying Procurement Services.
P-card use For Fuel
- Use the p-card to purchase fuel for rental vehicles when traveling for the university.
- Do not use the p-card to purchase fuel for personal vehicles.
Procurement Card Violations
- Non-compliant items will be written up as a p-card violation.
- A cardholder will receive two (2) written p-card violation warnings that will require the cardholder’s signature. After the second violation, card privileges will be revoked.
Note: Individual and department cards will be randomly audited by our p-card coordinator. Violation of these rules and uses can result in disciplinary action and card privileges revoked. Possible signs of violations and misuse will be further investigated by Florida Tech’s internal auditor.
I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE ABOVE INSTRUCTIONS:
Signature of Cardholder: _____________________________________________ Date: ______________________________________
Print Name: _______________________________________________________ Department: ________________________________