Dr. Neji Mensi is a tenure-track Assistant Professor of Computer Engineering in the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at Florida Tech, FL, USA. He is an Electrical Engineering Ph.D. graduate with high honors from Howard University's Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (EECS), specializes in Telecommunications and Network Security.
Specifically, Dr. Mensi's research delves into the realm of emerging wireless technologies such as Reconfigurable Intelligent Surfaces (RIS) and the Metaverse, studying their security implications and integration methods. In addition, he has a keen interest in the Physical Layer Security (PLS) of Wireless Implantable Medical Devices (WIMDs), further broadening his research expertise.
Dr. Neji has contributed to the scientific community by publishing several research papers in high-impact conferences and journals, including the International Conference on Communications (ICC), Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM), IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology (TVT), and Wireless Communications Letters (WCL), among others.
Dr. Mensi contributes actively to several professional communities, including the IEEE Communications Society, IEEE Vehicular Technology Society, and IEEE Young Professionals. He also serves as a reviewer for a range of academic journals, including IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology (TVT), IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing (TDSC), IEEE Wireless Communications Letters (WCL), and Digital Signal Processing (DSP).
In addition to his academic accomplishments, Dr. Mensi has gained invaluable industry experience working for the Ooredoo Company in Tunisia and the INTM group in France as a software engineer.
Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, Howard University, USA, 2023
M.Sc, Electrical Engineering, University Toulouse III (Paul Sabatier), France, 2018
B.Sc & M.Sc, Telecommunications Engineering, Ecole Nationale d'Electronique et des Télécommunications (ENET’COM), Tunisia, 2016
ECE 5534: Computer Networks 1
ECE 5119: Wireless Communications
- Neji Mensi and D. B. Rawat, ”On the Performance of Partial RIS Selection vs. Partial Relay Selection for Vehicular Communications,” in IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 71, no. 9, pp. 9475-9489, Sept. 2022, doi: 10.1109/TVT.2022.3177130
- Neji Mensi and D. B. Rawat, ”Reconfigurable Intelligent Surface Selection for Wireless Vehicular Communications,” in IEEE Wireless Communications Letters, vol. 11, no. 8, pp. 1743-1747, Aug. 2022, doi: 10.1109/LWC.2022.3180479.
- Neji Mensi, D. B. Rawat, and E. Balti, ”Gradient Ascent Algorithm for Enhancing Secrecy Rate in Wireless Communications for Smart Grid,” in IEEE Transactions on Green Communications and Networking, doi: 10.1109/TGCN.2021.3093821.
- Neji Mensi, & Danda B. Rawat, ”Enhancing Security in NOMA-Based Networks: An Effective DeceptiveApproach to Thwart Multiple Eavesdroppers”. In 2023 IEEE Conference on Communications and Network Security (CNS) (IEEE CNS2023) (pp. 9).
- Neji Mensi, Hassan El Alami, & Danda B. Rawat. ”Energy-Aware Lightweight PLKG in IMDs: A Deep Dive Into the Effects of Channel Fading Models”. In 2023 IEEE Global Communications Conference: Communication & InformationSystems Security (Globecom 2023 CISS) (pp. 6).
- Hassan El Alami, Neji Mensi, & Danda B. Rawat (2023). ”On the Study of Joint Naive Bayes and Multi-Layer Perception for Detecting GPS Jamming in UAS”. In 2023 IEEE Global Communications Conference: Selected Areas inCommunications: Aerial Communications (Globecom2023 SAC AC) (pp. 6).
- Neji Mensi and DB. Rawat, ”Physical Layer Security of NOMA Networks Under Fisher-Snedecor Composite Fading F”, In 2023 IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC): Communication and Information System Security Symposium (IEEE ICC’23 – CISS Symposium).
- Neji Mensi, and Danda B. Rawat (2022). ”Security Analysis of NOMA-FSO/RF Network Over Double Shadowed kappa-mu and Malaga-M Channels”. In 2022 IEEE Global Communications Conference: Wireless Communications (Globecom 2022 WC).
- Neji Mensi, and Danda B. Rawat (2022). ”Triple-hop Mixed RF-FSO-FSO Analysis Over Double Shadowed kappa-mu and Malaga-M Turbulence”. In 2022 IEEE Global Communications Conference: Mobile and Wireless Networks(Globecom 2022 MWN).
- Neji Mensi, D. B. Rawat and C. Liu, ”Security Analysis of Mixed RF-FSO Blockage Attack Over Generalized RF Fading and Atmospheric Turbulence,” 2022 IEEE Conference on Communications and Network Security (CNS), 2022, pp. 344-352, doi: 10.1109/CNS56114.2022.9947271
- Neji Mensi, D. B. Rawat and E. Balti, ”Physical Layer Security for V2I Communications: Reflecting Surfaces Vs. Relaying,” 2021 IEEE Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM), 2021, pp. 01-06, doi: 10.1109/GLOBECOM46510.2021.9685258.
- Neji Mensi, D. B. Rawat and E. Balti, ”PLS for V2I Communications Using Friendly Jammer and Double kappa-mu Shadowed Fading,” ICC 2021 - IEEE International Conference on Communications, 2021, pp. 1-6, doi: 10.1109/ICC42927.2021.9500554.
Security and Design of Implantable Wireless Medical Devices (IWMDs)
Reflecting Intelligent Surfaces (RISs)