Ph.D. in Applied Maths, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI, 2010
Master of Arts in Mathematical Statistics, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI, 2010.
Bachelor in Mathematics, Hanoi University of Sciences, Hanoi, Vietnam, 2002.
16. S.L. Nguyen, G. Yin, and D.T. Nguyen, A general stochastic maximum principle for conditional mean field control with regime switching. Applied Mathematics and Optimization, 84 (2021), no.3, 3255-3294.
15. D.H. Nguyen, D. Nguyen, and S.L. Nguyen, Stability in distribution of path-dependent hybrid diffusion with delay, SIAM Journal on Control and Optimization, 59 (2021), no.1, 434-463.
14. G. Yin and S.L. Nguyen, Switching diffusions with mean-field interactions: Limit results, maximum principle, and non-Markov systems, in Stochastic Modeling and Control, Eds. J. Jakubowski, M. Nieweglowski, M. Rasonyi and L. Stettner, Banach Center Publications, 122 (2020), 233-254.
13. V.A. Bokil, N.L. Gibson, S.L. Nguyen, E.A. Thomann and E.C. Waymire, An Euler-Maruyama method for diffusion equations with discontinuous coefficients and a family of interface conditions, Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, 368 ( 2020), 112545.
12. S.L. Nguyen, D.T. Nguyen, and G. Yin, A stochastic maximum principle for switching diffusions using conditional mean fields with applications to control problems. ESAIM: Control, Optimisation and Calculus of Variations, 26 (2020), article 69.
11. S.L. Nguyen, G. Yin and T.A. Hoang, On laws of large numbers for systems with mean-field interactions and Markovian switching, Stochastic Processes and their Applications, 130 (2020), no.1, 262-296.
10. D.T. Nguyen, S.L. Nguyen, and N.H. Du, On mean field systems with multi-classes, Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems. Series A, 40 (2020), no. 2, 683-707.
9. D.T. Nguyen, S.L. Nguyen, T.A. Hoang, and G. Yin, Tamed-Euler method for hybrid stochastic differential equations with Markovian switching. Nonlinear Analysis: Hybrid Systems, 30 (2018), 14-30.
8. S.L. Nguyen, T.A. Hoang, D.T. Nguyen, and G. Yin, Milstein-type procedures for numerical solutions of stochastic differential equations with Markovian switching, SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis, 55 (2017), no.2, 953-979.
7. M. Huang and S.L. Nguyen, Mean field games for stochastic growth with relative utility, Applied Mathematics and Optimization, 74 (2016), no.3, 643-668.
6. S.L. Nguyen and M. Huang, Mean field LQG games with mass behavior responsive to a major player, Proceedings of the 51st IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, Maui, HI, pp. 5972-5797, December 2012.
5. S.L. Nguyen and M. Huang, LQG mixed games with continuum-parametrized minor players, SIAM Journal on Control and Optimization, 50 (2012), no.5, 2907-2937.
4. S.L. Nguyen and G. Yin, Pathwise convergence rates for numerical solutions of Markovian switching stochastic differential equations, Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications, 13 (2012), no.3, 1170-1185.
3. S.L. Nguyen and G. Yin, Pathwise convergence rate for numerical solutions of stochastic differential equations, IMA Journal of Numerical Analysis, 32 (2012), no.2, 701-723.
2. S.L. Nguyen and G. Yin, Asymptotic properties of Markov modulated random sequences with fast and slow time scales, Stochastics, 82 (2010), no.5, 445-474.
1. S.L. Nguyen and G. Yin, Weak convergence of Markov modulated random sequences, Stochastics, 82 (2010), no.6, 521-552.
Associate Editor for SIAM Journal on Control and Optimization
Stochastic games, optimal control, and optimization
Computational methods for stochastic dynamical systems
Stochastic dynamical systems and their applications to population dynamics and epidemiology