Saghaian, Sayed Ehsan
Dr. Saghaian’s research is centered on enhancing advanced manufacturing technology such as the laser powder bed fusion method by conducting experimental and computational research on high-performance materials such as metals and polymer composites to design and develop products for the medical, aerospace, electronic, defense, and transportation sectors.
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, University of Kentucky, 2021
- B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering, Isfahan University of Technology, 2013
- Assistant Professor, Florida Institute of Technology, 2022 - Present
- Research Scholar, Additive Manufacturing center at UofL, 2021 - 2022
- MEE 2081 – Applied Mechanics: Statics
Recognition & Awards
- Awarded a seed grant from NASA Glenn Research Center for a project entitled "Database for AM of SMAs"
- Additive Manufacturing
- Composition-Process-Microstructure-Performance relationship
- Advanced Material Charectrization
- Shape Memory Alloys
- Computational Analysis