Society for Performance Management
Performance Management is a systematic, data-oriented approach to managing employees and organizational change. The Society for Performance Management is designed to help facilitate up-to-date information on the newest research and practices the professionals in the field are performing.
The purpose of the Society for Performance Management at Florida Institute of Technology is to provide opportunities for students to generate, discuss, and exchange ideas on the practice and research of Performance Management and Organizational Behavior Management.
Students in the Performance Management Society at Florida Institute of Technology are part of a group actively engaged in:
- Discussing current issues in the field of ABA and OBM/Performance Management.
- Analyzing research from professional journals such as JOBM and JABA.
- Serving as a collaborative board for students conducting Performance Management projects under the supervision of Sponsored Professors.
- Developing innovative ideas to involve outside agencies and local businesses in Performance Management and Florida Institute of Technology's OBM Program.
- Presenting Performance Management projects at professional conferences.
- Networking with other universities such as the affiliated FSU Performance Management Society and the WMU Performance Management Society.
- Attending professional conferences, including the Association for Behavior Analysis, International, the Florida Association for Behavior Analysis, and the FABA/Organizational Behavior Management conference.
Professional credibility is based on the ethical guidelines and professional codes of conduct of the Behavior Analyst Certification Board®, the International Association for Behavior Analysts and the American Psychological Association. The Society is affiliated with the Organizational Behavior Management Network.