Welcome To School Of Behavior Analysis
Florida Tech’s behavior analysis programs fit every need. In addition, many on-campus behavior analysis students receive a significant tuition discount award in exchange for serving as a graduate student assistant. Behavior Analysis is a scientific approach to the study of behavior, with behavior emphasized as the proper subject of investigation. It is concerned with describing, explaining, predicting, and changing behavior. Environmental events are the primary independent variable in our science, although it is recognized that genetics and other biological variables are needed to fully explain behavior. Thus, the focus of behavior analysis is determining functional relations between behavior and environmental events.
Behavior analysis has four different branches:
- The conceptual analysis of behavior, which addresses philosophical, theoretical, historical, and methodological issues
- The experimental analysis of behavior (EAB), which focuses on research on basic processes and principles
- Applied behavior analysis (ABA), which focuses on applying basic principles to solve problems of social significance while systematically evaluating these applications
- Behavior analytic service delivery, which focuses on professional practice and consultation
Florida Tech offers Five different graduate applied behavior analysis programs:
- Master's of Science (M.S.) in Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA), which focuses on clinical and educational applications
- M.S. in Organizational Behavior Management (OBM), which focuses on business and industry applications
- M.S. in ABA plus OBM (ABA + OBM), which focuses on both
The mission of our M.S. Behavior Analysis Degree Programs is to produce competent behavior-analytic practitioners and consultants who are solidly grounded in basic principles derived from the experimental analysis of behavior (EAB), who approach the world from a radical behaviorist perspective, who will continue to inform their practice with current research findings, who contribute to behavioral research, who attain BCBA certification, and who are prepared to enter doctoral programs.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) degree in Behavior Analysis
The mission of our Ph.D. Behavior Analysis Degree Program is to produce competent behavior-analytic researchers, instructors, and practitioners who are solidly grounded in basic principles derived from the experimental analysis of behavior (EAB). We expect graduates of our doctoral program to approach the world from a radical behaviorist perspective, contribute to behavioral research, inform their practice with current research findings, obtain academic and professional positions, and effectively manage behavior analysts under their supervision.
Handbooks for the applied behavior analysis programs can be accessed at the Student Resources Page.
- Master of Arts (M.A.) in Behavior Analysis Practice (BAP): This master's program meets the 5th Edition Behavior Analyst Certification Board® coursework and degree requirements for the BCBA® credential to sit for the certification exam and is 100 percent online. Apply here!
Pass Rates:BCBA Exam Pass Rates
Florida Tech Offers BCBA & BCaBA Certificate Programs:
If you do not require an additional degree to become eligible for BACB certification, you may still choose to enroll in our Graduate programs for a degree centered on behavior analysis. However, if you're interested in the coursework toward certification outside of a degree program, please visit our page with information about our certificate programs.
It is strongly recommended prospective students check the board’s website at www.BACB.com for information about additional certification requirements.