Join The Panther Battalion
If you have passion, determination and commitment, you're not far from qualifying to contract as a Cadet and compete for a US Army ROTC scholarship. Meet the requirements listed below and you could earn a Florida Tech degree at no cost to you. Graduate as US Army Officer, either full-time on active duty, or part-time in the Army Reserve or National Guard.
- Apply, be accepted and enroll at Florida Tech as a full-time on-campus student
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Have a 2.5 GPA or greater
- Have at least two years remaining for your degree (bachelors or graduate degree)
- Be able to pass Army physical fitness requirements
- Be medically qualified through the Department of Defense Medical Examining Review Board (DODMERB)
ROTC requirements can normally be completed in 3-4 years. The Army has options for qualified Cadets to complete ROTC in 2 years. The most common way to do this will be through Basic Camp. This is an all-expenses paid month-long internship at Fort Knox, KY. The course is the entry point for 2-year scholarship cadets. The course is intensive, challenging and motivating, and it allows the Army to assess your leadership potential.
Cadets earn $420 per month stipend, with the Army ROTC Scholarship paying tuition & fees plus $1,200 for books. The FL TECH ROTC Scholarship pays room and board (cost of living on campus).