Diversity Out Loud Colloquia Series: 2020-2021
The “Diversity Out Loud” colloquia series is a once-per-semester interactive scholarly/experiential program focused on a diversity related topics that occurs as part of the larger Doctor of Psychology colloquium series. Examples of past topics include:
- "Social Justice and the Role of the Psychologist"
- "Socioeconomic Status: A Psychological Perspective"
- "Stereotypes: Seeing Past the Label"
- "Age(ism): Myths and Misconceptions of Growing Older"
Spring 2022: "Immersive Intersectionality: Walking in Another's Shoes" was held on April 8th, 9-11 am via Zoom.
Fall 2021: "Appreciating Ability within Disability" was held on October 22nd, 9-11 am via Zoom, with guest presenter Dr. Jaclyn Pierick.
Spring 2021: "Gender Inequality and the Impact of COVID-19" was held on March 26th, 9-11 am via Zoom, with guest presenter Dr. Phoebe Jordan, Monroe-Meyer Institute, University of Nebraska Medical Center.
Fall 2020: "Addressing Systemic Racism: Advocacy and Allyship for Black Lives" was held on November 13th, 9 - 11 am via Zoom, with guest presenters Drs. Amber Nelson and David Cimbora, George Fox University..
Spring 2020: "LGBTQ+ Safety" was held on Friday, February 28th, 9 - 10:30 am in the Hartley Room.
Date: February 19th, 2022, 12-3 pm
Location: Florida Tech Campus, Panther Plaza (off Country Club Road)
Each year the Diversity Committee participates in the annual FIT International Festival by contributing interactive displays focusing on psychological topics relevant to international issues. This year's display included international games, snacks, and decorations.
A different heritage is celebrated during certain months; some Examples are listed below:
- January: Martin Luther King Jr. day
- February: African American History month
- March: Women's History month
- May: Asian Pacific Islander month
- June: Lesbian/Gay/Bisexual/Transgender Pride month
- September-October: Hispanic Heritage month
- November: Native American Heritage month
The Diversity Committee creates and circulates an informational flyer for these months, recognizing a particular heritage in order to increase awareness and sensitivity.
If you would like a copy please email Dr. Radhika Krishnamurthy (email@example.com)