Welcome to the Office of Student Advising!
The mission of Office of Student Advising at Florida Tech assists all undergraduate students on the Melbourne campus by providing advising and programming that is geared toward student success. Advisors work in collaboration with academic units and faculty to develop academic plans for students and evaluate their progress by providing accurate information about Florida Tech policies, processes, and resources from admission to completion of their undergraduate degree.
Student Advisors also assist students in reviewing degree requirements, course selection, adding and dropping classes, handling registration issues, and identifying appropriate campus resources, including academic support, accessibility resources, and student wellness services, as well as providing them with guidance to meet their academic, professional, and career goals. In addition, the office coordinates the first-year seminar (FYE 1000 University Experience).
Student Advisors are committed to:
- Providing quality academic advising for all first-time-in-college (FTIC) and transfer students
- Increasing students’ awareness of the university’s requirements, policies, and procedures
- Collaborating with university faculty and staff to address individual student needs
- Providing educational and social events and programming which includes overseeing Phi Eta Sigma Honor Society and University Experience (FYE 1000)
- Promoting participation in student activities, student organizations, and civic engagement opportunities
- Connecting students to appropriate campus resources and support services on an ongoing basis
- Cheering students on along the way