Why You should sign up to be an adopted Aunt-n-Uncle?
- Opportunity to be supportive of a new college student.
- Demonstrate Christ in behavior and words.
- Possible outreach to an international student (1/3 are from other countries).
- You and your family to share the love of Christ.
- Provide stability in a confusing time and world.
Sign up for the Aunt-n-Uncle program.
We will match you with a student to whom you will be introduced at a "Meet & Greet."
Please sign up early so we know how many students can be served. You will be contacted with your date and time to attend the "Meet & Greet."
What is expected of me as an adopted Aunt-n-Uncle?
- Provide a supportive base to a student who is away from home.
- Get Acquainted at a ‘Meet & Greet’ event provided by the Protestant Campus Ministry.
- Send encouraging texts/emails as a students Adopted Aunt-n-
- Invite them for dinner occasionally.
- Send cards for his/her birthday or other special occasions.
- Possibly allow him/her to do laundry at your place.
- Include him/her in fun activities as their Adopted Aunt-n-
- Invite him/her to attend church with you.
- Provide information, encouragement, and possibly a safe place to stay, in the event of a hurricane.
- Encourage him/her to share holidays and/or vacation with your family.