Frequently Asked Questions
Interested in Competitive Esports?
See offered teams, base qualifications, and submit a Tryout Application.
Please note, due to the high volume of submissions, only qualifying candidates will be contacted for competitive team tryouts. They will take place at the beginning of each semester. Individual tryouts throughout the year are considered if student meets preferred base qualifications. Follow @FLTechEsports on Twitter for more information.
Interested in Florida Tech Gaming Club?
Anyone can join! Find us on Engage, attend club meetings, and find your community on our discord!
Our facility is furnished with PCs, consoles, and student lounge space for all Florida Tech students to enjoy. You do not have to be on a competitive team or in the gaming club to use!
- Please fill out our Interest Form. Select club and/or competitive interest information and fill completely.
- Schedule a Meet and Greet with esports staff.
- Schedule a campus visit - virtual or online!
- Apply for free!
Go to the Competitive or Club page to learn more about our offerings!
Note: Competitive Teams have tryouts. You will be contacted if you meet our base qualifications for Varsity and JV team tryouts.
Florida Tech Gaming Club welcomes all students regardless of skill or rank! You may join the club upon your enrollment to Florida Tech via ENGAGE.
Competitive: All competitive rosters will have limited spots available. All competitive teams will have dedicated practice time, supporting staff and potential travel opportunities.
- Highest form of the competitive aspect of the program
- Varsity teams compete in national collegiate seasons, tournaments, and leagues
- Focus on growth and development, may be lower skill level
- Any Junior Varsity only title can become a varsity title through title evaluation process.
Club: Club teams are separate from competitive teams.
- Student-led and organized. Anyone can join regardless of skill level.
- Play your favorite games on your own time. You will have access to a furnished facility with PCs, consoles, and gaming library.
- You WILL need to own the game and will be prompted to sign in on the respective platform.
- Casual gaming lets you play with friends or others who share your interests!
- No scholarships or coaching are available
Campus: Includes intramurals, free play and event offerings to all students! There are also student staff and volunteer opportunities. Visit the recruit questionnaire to learn more! Examples: student coaching, analysts, team managers, content creators, camp volunteers and more!
College Role and Federal Workstudy positions will be open for application.
Florida Tech Gaming Club is a student-run community for individuals interested in competitive, or casual gaming environment with similar interests. On-campus and online events are hosted by the club throughout the year, and teams can also be formed for non-varsity players.
The Gaming Club is open to any Florida Tech student. There are no tryouts or rank requirements to participate. A list of current club and gaming communities we have:
- Apex Legends
- Call of Duty: Warzone (CoD)
- Counter-Strike: Global Offense (CS:GO)
- Defense of the Ancients (DOTA)
- League of Legends (LoL)
- Legends of Runeterra
- Magic the Gathering
- Rainbow 6 (R6)
- Rocket League
- Super Smash Brothers Ultimate + Melee
- Team Fortress 2
Competitive Teams 2021-22
League of Legends
Rainbow Six Siege
If your game isn’t listed- don’t worry! The above are specific to competitive rosters we carry, but a wide variety of titles are played in our club and campus. You can join our discord where others may be participating in your game, start a community when you arrive at Florida Tech, or message in the looking for group channel.
Yes. Esports participation is available to undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students. You must be a degree seeking student at Florida Tech.
New facility opening in August for the 2021-22 school year.
Esports will be located in the Ruth Funk Center. Floor 2 will include 36 OMEN by HP gaming stations, competition and practice spaces, console and student community areas. The esports facility will house an array of entertainment, learning and campus engagement for Florida Tech students. Stay tuned for renovation updates on twitter @FLTechEsports throughout summer 2021! Students are welcome to bring their own peripherals or use those that are furnished.