The Office of Student Advising (OSA) awards at least one Fantastic First-Year Student Award each year. Applications become available in early February and winners are announced at the Office of Student Life's Student Leadership Awards event in April.
Recipients will be awarded a one-time $750 scholarship that will be applied to their Fall 2023 tuition bill and will serve as an OSA student ambassador during the 2023-2024 academic year.
Award applications and additional information are available in Florida Tech Engage. The 2022-2023 award application will become available on Wednesday, February 1st, 2023. The application and all related materials must be received by Wednesday, March 1st, 2023 at 5pm EST.
About the Award
The Fantastic First-Year Student Award recognizes students who have made the most of their first year at Florida Tech. In addition to strong academic performance, the ideal applicant would be actively engaged in activities and experiences outside of the classroom and would demonstrate a desire to become an integral member of the Florida Tech community.
Freshman and transfer students who meet the following criteria are eligible to apply:
- First semester of full-time enrollment at Florida Tech was Spring, 2022, Summer 2022, or Fall 2022
- Has completed at least one semester at Florida Tech
- Is and has been enrolled full-time on the Melbourne main campus as an undergraduate student
- Has a minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA
Conditions of Receiving the Award
Award recipients must be:
- Enrolled as full-time students for the Fall 2023 semester
- In good academic and judicial standing
- Available to attend the Office of Student Life's Student Leadership Awards event to accept the award
OSA Student Ambassador Responsibilities
- Create, organize, and execute a campus event/program aimed at first year undergraduate students during the Fall 2023 and Spring 2024 semesters.
- Be available to participate in the Office of Student Advising's Fall 2023 orientation sessions as needed.
- Serve as a student application reviewer on the following year's OSA's Fantastic First-Year Student Award committee.
- Check in monthly with the Office of Student Advising for additional duties as needed.
Email all questions regarding the application to email@example.com