Ph.D., Chemical Engineering, Wayne State University, 2009
M.S., Chemical Engineering, Wayne State University, 2005
B.Tech., Chemical Engineering, Sri Ram Engineering College, India, 2000
Associate Professor, Florida Tech, Chemical Engineering, 2019 - Present
Assistant Professor, Florida Tech, Chemical Engineering, 2013 - 2019
Senior Research Associate, Case Western Reserve University, Mechanical Engineering, 2012 - 2013
Research Associate, Case Western Reserve University, Mechanical Engineering, 2011 - 2012
Postdoctoral Research Associate, Purdue University, Biomedical Engineering, 2009 - 2011
CHE 2101 - Chemical Process Principles I
CHE 3101 - Transport Processes
CHE 3260 - Materials
CHE 3265 - Materials Science and Engineering Laboratory
BME 3260 - Biomaterials
CHE 5300/BME 5300 - Graduate Biomaterials
- Sousa T, Kajave N, Dong P, Gu L, Florczyk S, Kishore V; Optimization of Freeze-Fresh methodology for 3D printing of microporous collagen constructs, 3D Printing and Additive Manufacturing, accepted, 2021.
- Kajave N, Schmitt S, Nguyen TU, Gaharawar AK, Kishore V; Bioglass incorporated methacrylated collagen bioactive ink for 3D printing of bone tissue, Biomedical Materials, DOI: 10.1088/1748-605X/abc744, 2020.
- Schmitt T, Kajave NS, Cai H, Gu L, Albanna M, Kishore V; In vitro characterization of xeno-free clinically relevant human collagen and its applicability in cell-laden 3D bioprinting, Journal of Biomaterial Applications, 35(8), 912-923, 2020.
- Kajave NS, Schmitt T, Nguyen TU, Kishore V; Dual crosslinking strategy to generate mechanically viable cell-laden printable constructs using methacrylated collagen bioinks, Materials Science and Engineering: C, 110290, 2019.
- Nguyen TU, Watkins KE, Kishore V; Photochemically crosslinked cell-laden methacrylated collagen hydrogels with high cell viability and functionality, Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part A, 107(7), 1541-50, 2019.
- Nguyen TU, Shojaee M, Bashur CA, Kishore V; Electrochemcial fabrication of a biomimetic elastin-containing bi-layered scaffold for vascular tissue engineering, Biofabrication, 11(1):015007, 2018.
- Bridgeman CJ, Nguyen TU, Kishore V; Anticancer efficacy of tannic acid is dependent on the stiffness of the underlying matrix, Journal of Biomaterials Science Polymer Edition, 29(4), 412-427, 2018.
- Nijsure MP, Kishore V; Collagen-based Scaffolds for Bone Tissue Engineering, Orthopedic Biomaterials, 2017.
- Nijsure MP, Pastakia M, Spano J, Fenn MB, Kishore V; Bioglass Incorporation Improves Mechanical Properties and Enhances Cell-Mediated Mineralization on Electrochemically Aligned Collagen Threads, Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part A, 105(9):2429-2440, 2017.
- Kishore V, Iyer R, Frandsen A, Nguyen TU; In Vitro Characterization of Electrochemically Compacted Collagen Matrices for Corneal Applications, Biomedical Materials, 11(5):055008, 2016.
- Nguyen TU, Bashur CA, Kishore V; Impact of elastin incorporation into electrochemically aligned collagen fibers on mechanical properties and smooth muscle cell phenotype, Biomedical Materials, 11(2):025008, 2016.
- Liu G, Pastakia M, Fenn MB, Kishore V; Saos-2 cell-mediated mineralization on collagen gels: Effect of densification and bioglass incorporation, Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part A, 104(5), 1121-34, 2016.
- Kishore V, Alapan Y, Iyer R, Mclay R, Gurkan UA; Application of Hydrogels in Ocular Tissue Engineering, Gels Handbook: Fundamentals, Properties and Applications, Volume 2, 137-64, 2016.
- Younesi M, Islam A, Kishore V, Panit S, Akkus O; Fabrication of compositionally and topographically compex robust tissue forms by 3D-electrochemical compaction of collagen, Biofabrication, 7(3):035001, 2015.
- Younesi M, Islam A, Kishore V, Anderson J, Akkus O; Tenogenic Induction of Human MSCs by Anisotropically Aligned Collagen Biotextiles, Advanced Functional Materials, 24(36), 5762-70, 2014.
- Reich M, Kishore V, Iglesias R, Akkus O; Genipin as a sporicidal agent for the treatment of cortical bone allografts, Journal of Biomaterials Applications, 28(9), 1336-42, 2014.
- Uquillas JA, Kishore V, Akkus O; Optimized Crosslinking Elevates the Strength of Electrochemically Aligned Collagen to the Level of Tendons, Journal of Mechanical Behavior for Biomedical Materials, 15C, 176-189, 2012.
- Sun X, Kishore V, Fites K, Akkus O; Osteoblasts Detect Extracellular Calcium Concentration Increase via Neomycin-Sensitive Calcium Channels, Bone, 51(5), 860-67, 2012.
- Gurkan UA, Golden R, Kishore V, Riley CP, Adamec J, Akkus O; Immune and Inflammatory Pathways Are Involved in Inherent Bone Ossification, Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, 470(9), 2528-2540, 2012.
- Gaharwar AK*, Kishore V *, Rivera C, Bullock W, Wu C-J, Akkus O, Schmidt G, Physically Crosslinked Nanocomposites from Silicate Crosslinked PEO: Mechanical Properties and Osteogenic Differentiation of Human Mesenchymal Stem Cells, Macromolecular Biosciences, 12(6), 779-93, (*equal contribution), 2012.
- Sun X, McLamore E, Kishore V, Fites K, Slipchenko M, Porterfield M, Akkus O; Mechanical Stretch Induced Calcium Efflux from Bone Cells Stimulates Osteoblasts, Bone, 50(3), 581-91, 2012.
- Kishore V, Bullock W, Sun X, Van Dyke WS, Akkus O; Tenogenic Differentiation of Human Mesenchymal Stem Cells Induced by the Topography of Electrochemically Aligned Collagen Threads, Biomaterials, 33(7), 2137-2144, 2012.
- Kishore V, Uquillas JA, Dubikovsky A, Alsheshabat M, Snyder P, Breur GJ, Akkus O; In Vivo Response to Electrochemically Aligned Collagen Bioscaffolds, Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part B, 100(2), 400-8, 2012.
- Uquillas JA, Kishore V, Akkus O; Effects of Phosphate Buffered Saline Concentration and Incubation Time on the Mechanical and Structural Properties of Electrochemically Aligned Collagen Threads, Biomedical Materials, 6(3):035008, 2011.
- Kishore V, Paderi JE, Akkus A, Smith KM, Balachandran D, Beaudoin S, Panitch A, Akkus O; Incorporation of a Decorin Biomimetic Enhances the Mechanical Properties of Electrochemically Aligned Collagen Threads, Acta Biomaterialia, 7(6), 2428-2436, 2011.
- Gurkan UA, Kishore V, Condon KW, Bellido TM, Akkus O; A Scaffold-Free Multicellular Three-Dimensional In Vitro Model of Osteogenesis, Calcified Tissue International, 88(5), 388-401, 2011.
- Kishore V, Eliason JF, Matthew HWT; Covalently Immobilized Glycosaminoglycans Enhance Megakaryocyte Expansion and Platelet Release, Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part A, 96(4), 682-692, 2011.
- Gurkan UA, Cheng X*, Kishore V *, Uquillas JA, Akkus O; Comparison of Morphology, Orientation and Migration of Tendon Derived Fibroblasts and Bone Marrow Stromal Cells on Electrochemically Aligned Collagen Constructs, Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part A, 94(4), 1070-1079 (*equal contribution), 2010.
Recognition & Awards
- Received NIH R15 AREA grant award for a project entitled "3D Printed Biomimetic Bioglass-Gradient Matrices for ACL Reconstruction" (Total Funding: $377,556).
- Teaching Excellence Award, Florida Tech Chemical Engineering, July 2017.
- AO Foundation Young Investigator Start-Up Grant Award for a project entitled “Bioactive Sutures for Tendon Repair” (Total Funding: $126,000).
- Co-Investigator of a Musculoskeletal Transplant Foundation Grant Award, Project Title: “Tenocytic Differentiation of Human Periosteal Stem Cells on Electrochemically Aligned Collagen” (Total Funding: $40,000).
- Best Poster Award at the European Society of Biomechanics, Lisbon, Portugal, (2012). Poster title: Tissue Mimicking Dense Aligned Collagen Induces Tenogenic Differentiation of Human MSCs.
- Nominated and Elected as a Full Member of Sigma Xi, The Scientific Research Society, 2011.
- Member of Biomedical Engineering Society (BMES) and Society for Biomaterials (SFB)