Welcome To First and Second Year Experience!
The mission of First and Second Year Experience (FSYE) is to assist all new undergraduate students on the Melbourne campus during their academic and social transitions to Florida Institute of Technology. We are dedicated to supporting the University’s mission and focus on student success.
FSYE staff are committed to:
- Providing quality academic advising for all first-time-in-college (FTIC) and transfer students who enter the university with 59 credits or less
- Increasing students’ awareness of the university’s requirements, policies, and procedures
- Collaborating with university faculty and staff to address individual student needs
- Providing comprehensive educational and social programming, including new student orientation and two student success courses: University Experience (FYE 1000) and Strategies for Success (FYE 1005)
- Promoting participation in student activities, student organizations, and civic engagement opportunities
- Connecting students to appropriate campus resources and support services on an ongoing basis