Welcome To First Year Experience!
The mission of First Year Experience (FYE) is to assist all new undergraduate students on the Melbourne campus during their academic and social transitions to Florida Institute of Technology. We are dedicated to supporting the University’s mission and focus on student success.
FYE staff are committed to:
- Providing quality academic advising for all first-time-in-college (FTIC) and transfer students who enter the university with 29 credits or less
- Increasing students’ awareness of the university’s requirements, policies, and procedures
- Collaborating with university faculty and staff to address individual student needs
- Providing educational and social events and programming which includes Phi Eta Sigma Honor Society, and two student success courses: University Experience (FYE 1000) and Strategies for Success (FYE 1005)
- Promoting participation in student activities, student organizations, and civic engagement opportunities
- Connecting students to appropriate campus resources and support services on an ongoing basis
- Cheering students on along the way
FYE Advisors provide academic advising to all full-time, main-campus students who enter the university with less than 30 credit hours. Students who enter with 0-29 credit hours will work with an FYE advisor for two consecutive semesters and will be transitioned to their faculty advisor during that second semester.