Process for Policy Review and Revision
Policy Owners are the individuals responsible for implementing, communicating, reviewing, updating, and monitoring a University Policy and its implementation for compliance and effectiveness.
The Policy Owner is responsible for:
- Reviewing owned policies and identifiying needed revisions.
- Drafting revised policy using new template and consult with stakeholders impacted; communicate policy changes to individuals or offices that have impact.
- Sending to firstname.lastname@example.org for review and approval.
- Identify new policy need owned by the responsible office.
The Policy Team (General Counsel/Compliance) is responsible for:
- Reviewing updated or drafted policy - template, grammar, standards/regulations check, etc.
- Coordinate additional review with policy owner and other offices if needed.
- Send to policy authority (President, Provost, General Counsel, CFO) for approval as needed.
- Notify policy owner of approval and update/upload on policies website.
- Communicate new policy or major changes to staff and faculty as needed.
- Review and Identify new policy needs.