University Diversity Council
Led by the Office of the Provost, the University Diversity Council is comprised of representatives from the university’s colleges, key administrative units, faculty, and students.
In alignment with and support of the Florida Tech's mission to provide high-quality education to a culturally diverse student body in order to prepare students for entering the global workforce, seeking higher-education opportunities, and serving within their communities, the University Diversity Council is charged with advocating for diversity, equity and inclusion and serves as the advisory and recommending body to the Office of the Provost and liaison of academic and administrative units and student body across the university.
The Diversity Council is committed to serve as a guide to the executive leadership to help
- promoting increased presence, retention, and advancement of all Florida Tech faculty, staff, and students,
- identifying institutional-level priorities to build and maintain a diverse and inclusive university climate and culture,
- providing platforms and resources for diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives,
- extending diversity, equity and inclusion awareness throughout Florida Tech community,
- integrating representation and inclusion strategies with Florida Tech's mission, vision and operations,
- promoting, overseeing, and assessing diversity, equity and inclusion efforts across the university.