Careers in applied behavior analysis are varied. Alumni of the Florida Tech behavior analysis programs reside in over 30 states and a number of foreign countries. Florida Tech alumni work in businesses, schools, clinics, residential treatment centers, group homes, and in private practice. They work with a variety of populations including typically developing children, individuals with autism, people with schizophrenia, and people with intellectual disabilities. They also work with everyday employees in both for-profit and not-for-profit organizations.
Careers in applied behavior analysis include the following:
- Maintaining a private practice providing early intervention services to children with autism, billing insurance companies
- Working as a behavior analyst for a school district assisting teachers to manage students with problem behavior
- Working as a behavior analyst in a group homes for children with severe behavior
- Working as an external consultant to companies focusing on improving employee performance
- Working as an internal consultant focusing on improving employee performance
- Consulting to organizations on improving safe performance among employees
- Working as a program manager or director of a specialized school
- Working as a behavior analyst for the state or federal government, overseeing state behavioral services
All of the careers in applied behavior analysis described above have been held by Florida Tech ABA program graduates.