Training and Occupational Health
In accordance with PHS Policy, Florida Tech provides training on animal health and welfare regulations and safety for animal use personnel. The completion of training courses and enrollment in the Research Animal Contact Program are required prior to IACUC approval.
Animal Health & Welfare Regulations Training
Florida Tech provides free online animal health and welfare training through the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI). Hands-on training is also provided as needed. Create your own profile using Florida Institute of Technology as your organization affiliation.
|Course Title||Required for:||Recertification required?|
|Working with the IACUC||PIs||Yes, every 3 years|
|Animal-specific courses (Amphibians, Fish, Mice, Nonhuman Primates, Rats, Reptiles, Wildlife, Zebrafish)||PIs, students, staff, volunteers listed on protocols working with the applicable animal group(s)||Yes, every 3 years|
Research Animal Contact Program
Florida Tech administers the Research Animal Contact Program, which is the occupational health and safety monitoring program for animal use personnel.
Steps for enrollment in the Research Animal Contact Program:
- Read the Research Animal Contact Program Handbook
- Complete the Health Risk Assessment Questionnaire
- Submit the Questionnaire to Holzer Health Center
- Health Center staff will contact you if necessary
- Renew/update your information every 1 or 3 years depending on health center evaluation [OR if your health condition and/or animal exposure changes].