People of Excellence
Florida Tech will empower and champion our students, faculty, and staff, propelling them to attain unparalleled success at their highest potential.
Remove barriers and increase access to knowledge, education, and professional development opportunities for the Florida Tech community.
Tactics for Outcome 1
- Develop a comprehensive, digital directory to maximize access and information sharing for students and employees.
- Increase student and employee support and engagement opportunities to address academic, physical, and emotional wellness.
- Redesign budgets per college to include annual, external professional development opportunities for all faculty and staff.
- Create an employee code of conduct followed by implementation of annual check ins and a 360-performance review with each employee to create a collaborative culture of feedback and growth.
- Administer bi-annual climate surveys, a student readiness assessment, and exit interviews to identify barriers for students, faculty, and staff.
Recruit and retain an excellent, diverse university community and support them to become internationally recognized scholars and leaders.
Tactics for Outcome 2
Conduct a transparent salary compensation analysis for faculty and staff and make necessary changes to be more competitive in hiring of employees.
Deploy an early alert system for students to accurately assess early academic struggles and financially at-risk students and implement best practices to ensure sustained student success.
Develop and sustain a mentorship program for students, faculty, and staff interested in additional support and growth opportunities.
Provide management and training courses to increase quality of teaching, student readiness, and soft skills.
Key Performance Indicators
- Increase retention rate and graduation rate of IPEDS cohort, New Transfer, New Master's, and New Doctoral students.
- Increase the tenure-track and nontenure faculty and staff retention rates.