Florida Tech will strengthen and expand university partnerships to provide more comprehensive experiences for Florida Tech students, faculty, and staff which will better prepare them in addressing economic, cultural, and societal needs of local, state, national, and international importance.
Cultivate a collaborative culture with internal and external stakeholders to provide unique learning, research, and funding opportunities for the betterment of the Florida Tech community.
Tactics for Outcome 5
- Meet and assess the needs, interests, and opportunities of local and leading industries.
- Create an internal database of current and aspirational partnerships, point of contact information, relationship manager, partner opportunities and current engagement status.
- Augment curricula across disciplines to provide transformative learning experiences and research opportunities for all interested students, faculty, and staff.
- Develop and streamline a pipeline of incoming students through graduation with career-aligned job offers.
- Conduct regular check-ins to share data points, feedback, and fundraising efforts to further enhance mutually shared benefits.
Possess strong, lasting relationships with local schools and businesses to create a pipeline of incoming students who desire to earn a Florida Tech degree.
Tactics for Outcome 6
- Develop and share broadly a strong value proposition and available offerings for the Florida Tech community.
- Utilize the Florida Tech alumni community to better understand and advertise experiential learning and career opportunities for current and prospective students, faculty, and staff.
- Establish mutual beneficial partnerships with military, local community colleges, and regional high schools for students looking to further their education.
- Collaborate and co-brand with local business to provide executive education and teaching opportunities to their workforce.
Key Performance Indicators
- Increase the number of government, corporate, and nonprofit entities partnering with Florida Tech.
- Increase the number of current students engaged in external partnership opportunities.