The mission of the President’s Ambassadors is to serve and represent the President and Florida Tech by promoting the successes and vision of our University. Ambassadors promote the values and ideals of Florida Tech by cultivating a campus environment rooted in leadership, service, inclusivity, and academic excellence.
To engineer outstanding students to be servant leaders and empower them to make an impact on the growth and development of our University. To foster an undeniable and everlasting spirit of service and leadership among Florida Tech students and to share their Panther pride with others.
President’s Ambassadors are highly skilled and experienced students who will represent the Office of the President at designated events and related University activities. Members of this group will have the unique opportunity to interact with donors, alumni, community members, friends, faculty, staff, and the student body by sharing their unique Florida Tech experiences. Ambassadors are appointed by the President each year in consideration of their academic standing, leadership skills, and civic engagement. The program fosters servant leadership development and core to our ambassadors is a passion for Florida Tech and a commitment to volunteer service on behalf of the University.
Requirements and Expectations
- Ambassadors are knowledgeable about the campus and reliable in carrying out their assignments
- Ambassadors serve as student representatives of the University before a variety of important constitutent groups as requested by the President
- Ambassadors represent the University on and off-campus and online positively, professionally, and accurately at all times
- Must have a cumulative 3.00 GPA
- Must be a sophomore, junior, senior, or graduate student and eligible to serve multiple years
- Ambassadors serve for one academic year at a time
- The opportunity to learn from, and work with President Nicklow and the Board of Trustees.
- Networking with University and community leaders to enhance interpersonal and group communication, as well as professional and social skills.
- Unique networking opportunities with distinguished alumni, business leaders and community partners of the University.
- A standing offer of a letter of recommendation from President Nicklow for a future job or graduate school
Interested in becoming an Ambassador? Apply Here!