A successful audition and concurrent enrollment in Concert Band is required if a student is interested in receiving a pep band scholarship. A limited number of scholarships are available each year. The audition for returning students will take place by the end of the spring semester for the following year. Potential new students will audition during their senior year of high school.
Auditions can be completed live on campus, or via online through apps such as zoom or skype. Auditions must be completed by May 1 prior to the academic year the scholarship is awarded. Please contact the appropriate professor to discuss the best option for you.
Please contact Dr. Joseph Montelione, Director of Bands email@example.com for more information or to answer any additional questions.
Band Scholarship Auditions
Wind and Brass
- Demonstrate proficiency on your instrument.
- Perform your favorite two octave major scale.
- Demonstrate proficiency on snare, quads, bass drum, or mallets.
- Display proficiency walking in the following styles: medium-tempo blues, up-tempo swing, moderate rock, any Latin style.
- Display proficiency in the as many styles as possible: medium-tempo blues, up-tempo swing, moderate rock, any Latin style.