Frequently Asked Questions

Card with question mark


  • Where is the Controller's office?
    • The Controller's Office is found on the first floor of the R.A. Work Building, 408, the sign outside reads Business Services. We are located near Human Resources and Skurla Hall (College of Aeronautics).
  • Where did Accounts Payable and Purchasing move to?
    • Accounts Payable and Purchasing departments are located on the second floor of the R.A. Work Building, 408. The staircase is located between the Controller's Office and Human Resources.
  • Is my employee ID number the same as my Student ID number?
    • Yes, Employee ID, Student ID number, and 900# are all the same thing. This ID number is needed to look up a person in the database for anything payroll related.

General Accounting

  • For detailed FAQS about Accounting please email the Accounting team at


  • My check is misplaced or stale dated. How do I get a replacement check?
    • Please come into the Controller's Office to speak with our Payroll Specialist to get a replacement check.
  • Who is allowed to pick up Payroll checks?
    • We strongly encourage direct deposit. All physical payroll checks are mailed. 
  • I didn't submit my hours on time, what do I do now?

Tax and Compliance

  • How do I file my taxes?
    • Florida Tech does not give out personal tax advice, we can only refer you to a tax company who is licensed to do so. If you have any questions about receiving tax documents to complete your taxes, such as the W2 or 1042S, please email Payroll at View more information about 1098T.

Student Accounting

View more Student Accounting FAQS