Tax Filing Information
It is important to be aware that as a nonresident in the United States, you are legally required to file a tax return regardless if you've earned income or not. Failure to file tax documentation can lead to complications when applying for US visas in the future.
Tax filing deadline is April 15 each year.
Sprintax was created specifically for international students, scholars, teachers and researchers in the US on F, J, and M visas, AND THEIR DEPENDENTS to demystify tax preparation and make sure they are fully compliant with the IRS. Sprintax is an easy-to-use, step-by-step tool that helps you prepare your taxes online, hassle-free.
As the ISSS Office is unable to help with tax filing, Sprintax has many resources and free educational tax webinars; please visit the links below:
Sprintax Nonresident Tax Webinar Schedule:
- Thursday, December 14th @ 1pm EST – Register here
- Thursday, January 25th @ 12pm EST – Register here
- Wednesday, February 7th @ 1pm EST – Register here
- Wednesday, February 28rth@ 12pm EST – Register here
- Monday, March 11th @ 4pm EST – Register here
- Thursday, March 28th @ 3pm EST –Register here
- Wednesday, April 3rd @ 2pm EST – Register here
- Thursday, April 11th @ 1pm EST – Register here
- Monday, April 15th @ 11am EST – Register here
If you haven't already filed your taxes, you should get started now to avoid potential penalties and fines. Florida Tech has arranged free access to Sprintax for you. Sprintax will guide you through the tax preparation process. Please see the information attached which contains the SPRINTAX ACCESS CODE.
If you are looking for a 1098-T form, you can print it from your PAWS account. Please go to https://www.fit.edu/student-financial-services/1098t-tax-information/ for complete instructions.
Please see the Controller's Office for further information: