Construction Industry Advisory Committee
CIAC Mission Statement
The mission of the Construction Industry Advisory Committee is to help Florida Tech develop its construction program in the following ways:
- Generate excitement among area students about the construction industry, and attract them to the industry.
- Develop an outstanding construction management/engineering program that would prepare students for rewarding life-long careers.
- Offer short courses, seminars, and panel discussions on relevant construction industry topics to practicing engineers and managers so they can remain skillful and competitive.
- Create programs and scholarships to encourage the best students to enroll in construction management.
Training for a Leadership Role in the Construction Industry
Florida Tech's Construction Industry Advisory Committee (CIAC) was formed to build the Construction Management Program, to provide industry advice to the Construction Management Program in developing and maintaining a state-of-the art curriculum, and to provide assistance to Florida tech’s students in obtaining jobs and internships.
Comprised of local industry professionals, many of them company presidents and CEO’s, the CIAC supplies Florida Tech with professional advice, industry-savvy instructors and an excellent array of project tours in the local area. These tours benefit students by providing first-hand exposure to the many technical, business and management issues that working professionals face on the job in the construction industry. This access to active projects and mentorship from industry leaders adds considerable depth and enrichment to the classroom instruction.
CIAC Member Companies
- Associated Builders and Contractors
- Berman, Hopkins, Wright & Laham, LLP
- Boys Electrical Contractors, LLC
- BRPH Architects Engineers, Inc.
- Burgoon-Berger Construction
- Coastal Mechanical Services, LLC
- Heard Construction, Inc.
- Home Builders & Contractors Association
- Ivey's Construction
- Kinberg & Associates, LLC
- M.E.C. Construction
- M.H. Williams Construction, Inc.
- Mead Construction, Inc.
- Met-Con, Inc.
- NAWIC (National Association of Women in Construction)
- Newton Land Development, Inc.
- Precision Fabricating and Cleaning
- Scheduling Out Solutions
- JE Sverdrup
- Universal Engineering Sciences, Inc.
- Weitz Construction
- WELBRO Building Corp.
- W+J Construction Corporation
- Woodruff Construction Company
These highly-valued companies contribute on a daily basis to making Florida Tech’s construction management program an outstanding entry point to a satisfying professional career.